Does MFP really works?

Options
Hi guys ive lost 20lbs overrall and 5lbs since using MY FITNESS PALL, ive recorded everything to MFP follow all the rules and i work out but im curious as to does loging everything really works??? Thanks guys

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Logging and hitting my calorie goals worked for me. I began in January of 2015, lost over 40 pounds by September/October 2015, and have been maintaining that weight loss since then.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    MFP works if you work it properly. This means entering the correct stats and activity level, trusting the numbers, accurately entering exercise, and accurately weighing, measuring, and logging your food.

People run into problems when they try to "out think" MFP by consistently eating too little (which often ends up in binges) not weighing the food, not logging everything, and just plain thinking they know more than the algorithms.
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    yes starting logging Nov 2016 and I have lost 30lbs and I still get to eat whatever I wanted I don't work out but I do try to get in at least 6k-10k steps per day and it seems to be working for me
  • SkimpyMrsCarter
    SkimpyMrsCarter Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • mom2kateRH
    mom2kateRH Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit works. MFP is a free and reliable tool to help you stick to the calorie deficit. In and of itself, it does nothing. However, for me, it's been a great tool to help me eat mindfully and track what I eat.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    MFP works if you work it properly. This means entering the correct stats and activity level, trusting the numbers, accurately entering exercise, and accurately weighing, measuring, and logging your food.

People run into problems when they try to "out think" MFP by consistently eating too little (which often ends up in binges) not weighing the food, not logging everything, and just plain thinking they know more than the algorithms.

Bingo. I lost 60+ pounds from January 2014-April 2015 by doing this.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Yes