Diet Supplements

Options
13»

Replies

• Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I tried almost everything.

Want to know what gave me success? Having a small deficit. I.e. not dropping from 2500 calories to 1200. Also, a food scale.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Luna3386 wrote: »
    I tried almost everything.

Want to know what gave me success? Having a small deficit. I.e. not dropping from 2500 calories to 1200. Also, a food scale.

Generally speaking, I think people who choose a reasonable/moderate deficit have more success than those who run huge deficits and try to white knuckle it. The usual outcome of the latter is a crash and burn.
  • snacktastik
    snacktastik Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    Honestly I think that if you decide you want a "program"...choose Nutrisystem or something that sends you actual food in the proper quantities and follow that program. but to take a pill or drops or something...thats just total woo.
    I've tried programs like this, weight watchers, Atkins, Lean Cuisine meals but those portions do not satisfied me, I'm still pretty hungry. That's the thing I struggle with as well is not feeling satisfied with my low calorie meals.

• chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    Honestly I think that if you decide you want a "program"...choose Nutrisystem or something that sends you actual food in the proper quantities and follow that program. but to take a pill or drops or something...thats just total woo.
    I've tried programs like this, weight watchers, Atkins, Lean Cuisine meals but those portions do not satisfied me, I'm still pretty hungry. That's the thing I struggle with as well is not feeling satisfied with my low calorie meals.

I get what Lean Cuisine is trying to do, but those meals are just not satisfying to me at all. If I get a frozen meal, I've gotten the ones that are gluten free so it's just meat and veggies. In addition, I'll add a sweet potato or something else to kinda fluff it up a little but that's still a healthy option.

A friend of mine gets lean cuisine meals but she spends a lot of time eating the pasta ones... I just don't think those have enough actual nutrition to keep you full. That's just a personal opinion though.