What cut of steak to get to add to salads and wraps

Options
abbynormalartist
abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
I've never really cooked much steak. What are good cuts, and how should I cook them, for salad / wrap fixings? Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Ribeye.
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I like Ribeye . It's moist and flavorful but skirt steak is a good option as well. Marinate it and cut it against the grain. If you can find it, flap steak / flap meat is a good cut and a cheaper option than the other two. Has a lot of flavor but sort of like skirt steak, you need to cut it against the grain or it will be tough.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I like flank steak, but it does require a good marinade.

When I want to make cheesesteaks, or any variation of a steak sandwich I call my butcher and place an order for shaved round steak. I have to notify him in advance because he puts the meat in the freezer for 2 hours, just to get it firm enough to slice really thin. All you have to do is cook it in a skillet or on a griddle for about 2 minutes. I saute up all of my veggies then add it at the end with a dash of worchestershire sauce and a sprinkle of garlic powder and pepper. So delicious.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm cheap. I grill some london broil and just slice it thin after it's cooked.
  • mhollan9
    mhollan9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    London broil is cost effective and good for salads but I also like a strip.