Earning exercise calories(Fitbit blaze)

Options
I am noticing that I'm earning exercise calories when on days I don't exercise. Like today it says I've earned 730 exercise calories but I haven't done a thing besides dishes and put the trash out and watch some tv! I didn't sleep with it last night either. It just seems wrong.

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Because the fitbit recognizes the total calories you burn in a day, not just exercise calories. That's the number it sends over, the total. You can have a very active day where you easily burn more calories than a day you purposefully exercise.
  • ashliecampbell
    ashliecampbell Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »
    Because the fitbit recognizes the total calories you burn in a day, not just exercise calories. That's the number it sends over, the total. You can have a very active day where you easily burn more calories than a day you purposefully exercise.

Thanks for replying and I get that but I didn't think it was it bcuz I had only been awake for 3 hours or so when it said I had earned 730 calories
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

Thanks for replying and I get that but I didn't think it was it bcuz I had only been awake for 3 hours or so when it said I had earned 730 calories

It assumes you'll be as active as you were the whole day so if you do a lot in the morning and then stop moving - those numbers may adjust and start going back down...
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options

It assumes you'll be as active as you were the whole day so if you do a lot in the morning and then stop moving - those numbers may adjust and start going back down...

Exactly this. It's why I sync several times throughout the day.
  • ashliecampbell
    ashliecampbell Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    That must be some exciting TV watching.