What is the dumbest thing your Boss has ever done

Options
TARGET65K
TARGET65K Posts: 150 Member
My Boss decided to pick up a very important client with his new M.G. Sports-car. The Client was arriving in Dublin airport about 5 miles from our Office.
They arrived back with the roof of the car on the backseat, looking like they went for a swim with their clothes on.
The roof blew off the car and of course it was a wet windy day in Dublin.
I and the Accountant raced to the toilet to hide our laughter.

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Hired someone too quickly instead of waiting it out to find a better option.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Slept with me.

• shira324
    shira324 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Used her iphone to take a picture of her monitor because she couldn't figure out how to take a screenshot or share the file with me digitally.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Hit "reply all" to a firm-wide e-mail with gibberish - presumably an *kitten*-dial from his blackberry. (Firm-wide, in this case, meant it went to about 2,000 people).

Six months AFTER the original e-mail.
  • JeepHair77
    Options
    OH! Same boss once *kitten*-dialed me from the car while he was driving. Left me a 12-minute long voice message of him singing along to gospel music in the car.
  • JeepHair77
    Options
    Same boss ALSO told a potential client, from Mexico, how much he loves Mexicans. Because "they're such a hard-working people."

Potential client did NOT hire us.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    hired me.

Get out of my head!
  • JeepHair77
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    OH! Same boss once *kitten*-dialed me from the car while he was driving. Left me a 12-minute long voice message of him singing along to gospel music in the car.

did you save it? and made copies to pass around work?

This was before our voice mails were electronic, but I invited a few trusted colleagues into my office to listen. :)
  • ValkyrieOnline
    ValkyrieOnline Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    When I was in fast food, my general manager asked me to help her lift up a hot well. Thinking I could do it myself, I started to lift it up. The boiling hot water inside of it tilted to the side that was slightly hanging off the counter and the scorching hot water and greenbeans also inside of the hotwell came splashing and pouring out. She tried to catch it and burned her arm and hand.....oopsie o:) I am a clutz, the worst person to ask for help!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    A patient was standing at the front counter checking in, next to a decorative banner my boss has just hung up. All proud of it he says to her "How do you like my huge boner?" We all died. Could not contain it. He was redder than a tomato. Luckily the patient had a great sense of humor.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I was working an early morning as a baker when I started to feel a little light headed, then the carbon monoxide detector went off. I shut down the oven and got out of there. I'm standing outside trying to get hold of a manager at 4 AM, when the assistant manager pulls up and asks me why I'm standing outside. I explain the situation and she tells me to get back to work. Luckily the smarter general manager called me back before she could turn the oven back on and kill even more brain cells.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    I had two consecutive bosses who would spend hours arguing (boss 1) or emailing (boss 2) to explain why our (marketing) department should not have to do some job that could have been finished 3 times over if we'd just done it in the first place instead of arguing about it. Really frustrating. Two crazy-azz bosses ruined what could have been a great job. They liked the drama, those two.
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    I saw this thread and thought....I should write a book...
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I reported that I had reason to believe a student in our school was high, moments later I see the same kid back in class! I questioned my boss and he said, "well, I gave him a breathalyzer test and he passed". Ummmm....????
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    Hit "reply all" to a firm-wide e-mail with gibberish - presumably an *kitten*-dial from his blackberry. (Firm-wide, in this case, meant it went to about 2,000 people).

Six months AFTER the original e-mail.

Yeah... one of mine accidently copied another department director she was calling a lying sack of *kitten* on an email going to other directors and the vice provost. Whoopsies.
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    TARGET65K wrote: »
    My Boss decided to pick up a very important client with his new M.G. Sports-car. The Client was arriving in Dublin airport about 5 miles from our Office.
    They arrived back with the roof of the car on the backseat, looking like they went for a swim with their clothes on.
    The roof blew off the car and of course it was a wet windy day in Dublin.
    I and the Accountant raced to the toilet to hide our laughter.

Is that Dublin, Ireland? Bad idea to have a convertible around our parts!
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    My boss is a super smart guy, so he doesn't do dumb things, but he does hilarious things all the time. I'll probably post his entertaining quotes here from time to time
  • _thisnameischosen_
    _thisnameischosen_ Posts: 168 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Turned up drunk at work, threw up outside the building then tried to have sex with the night shift worker. Smdh :unamused::lol: