Completed diary projections

Options
Katherinewalters8
Katherinewalters8 Posts: 12 Member
edited June 2017 in Chit-Chat
I've been a member of MFP for over a year and I have to laugh at the weight loss projection in 5 weeks time "if everyday were like today". Every day IS like "today" and the scales have barely moved. I exercise for at least 2 hours a day, 6 days a week and I always have left over calories. I use a heart rate monitor for my exercise workouts, so calories burned are accurate. I don't use MFP calorie/activity burn list, ever! I use digital scales to weigh my food and I also use the scan bar feature on MFP. Can any of you identify??

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Do you eat back your exercise calories? The exercise calories MFP quotes are very often wrong and way over what they really are.
  • Redshank
    Redshank Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to lose weight atm but according to the five week projections based on how I eat I should be 10-20lb heavier than what I am, so I'm not convinced it's accurate ;)
  • Katherinewalters8
    Katherinewalters8 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor, not the MFP exercise calorie burn list. The calories I burn are accurate. I use a digital scale and scan bar codes for my food choices. I always have left over calories! Go figure?
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    That projection is based on accurate calorie input from you (how do you measure your food portions?), and accurate calorie burn estimates (which are rare, especially if you go by MFP numbers). It should say "if your deficit was actually this every day you would weigh somewhere near this number in 5 weeks."

I'd ignore that projected number and focus on being sure you're in a deficit. :)
  • arrghmatey1
    arrghmatey1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the projections or the "daily lie" as I call them.
    Honestly couldn't live without them