Insanity week 3- No Results

Options
Fitblkorchid
Fitblkorchid Posts: 32 Member
edited June 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello

I am currently on week 3 of insanity and I am not seeing any results. I have lost 4 pounds looked at before and after pictures and I don't see any difference. I must say I feel stronger and can finally do proper push ups. I am pushing through and trying to see it to the end of the program. I am willing to do a second round of the program just to get the body I want. I am currently 5'6 156 pounds. I would like to lose between 10 and 15 pounds. I am trying so hard not to give up. I need help. Perhaps an easier plan to follow for people on vegetarian diets.

Help please!!!

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    mansow wrote: »
    Hello

I am currently on week 3 of insanity and I am not seeing any results. I have lost 4 pounds looked at before and after pictures and I don't see any difference. I must say I feel stronger and can finally do proper push ups. I am pushing through and trying to see it to the end of the program. I am willing to do a second round of the program just to get the body I want. I am currently 5'6 156 pounds. I would like to lose between 10 and 15 pounds. I am trying so hard not to give up. I need help. Perhaps an easier plan to follow for people on vegetarian diets.

Help please!!!

it takes time to see changes in your body, and sometimes with so little to lose it will be hard to see until the end.what are you trying to accomplish looks wise?
  • Rogstar
    Rogstar Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing to me! It's only been three weeks, and one Insanity round is, what, 8 weeks? 9 weeks? I don't know, I've never done it.

But considering you've started a new workout, and you've lost 4lbs even though you were probably working through soreness (and increased water retention to repair those muscles!) you're doing incredibly well.

Keep at it, and compare yourself from the beginning to the end! If you keep at any program long enough, you'll see results. The important things are consistency and patience.
  • Fitblkorchid
    Options
    Thanks a lot maybe I am getting a head of myself. Progress is slow and steady. Insanity is 63 days HIIT I really enjoy the program so far and I am looking to do a round 2 after I am done.
  • Fitblkorchid
    Options
    Hello

Help please!!!

it takes time to see changes in your body, and sometimes with so little to lose it will be hard to see until the end.what are you trying to accomplish looks wise?

I am trying to accomplish a tone look all around. Its the results from insanity you expect to see the ripped cut body they show you on the beach body forums. I guess I didn't factor in that they have most likely done multiple rounds of the program. To reach the body goal I want I am sure would take 1 to 2 years of hard work.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hello

Help please!!!

I am trying to accomplish a tone look all around. Its the results from insanity you expect to see the ripped cut body they show you on the beach body forums. I guess I didn't factor in that they have most likely done multiple rounds of the program. To reach the body goal I want I am sure would take 1 to 2 years of hard work.

to get the toned look you have to lose the fat over your existing muscle. to do that you need to be in a calorie deficit(if you arent already) and if you want better results look into doing a structured lifting program and lift weights. insanity can help change your body but may not get you the look you want. Those people who are ripped do a lot more than just insanity I can guarantee you that and they have low body fat percentages.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I think your expectations are a bit too high for the short amount of time you've put into this so far. Fitness and better health takes time, consistency, and commitment; it doesn't happen overnight. Sounds like you're showing great results already from what you've posted...very reasonable given the time frane, and certainly nothing to be disappointed in. 4 lbs lost? Yay! :)
  • Fitblkorchid
    Options
    I think your expectations are a bit too high for the short amount of time you've put into this so far. Fitness and better health takes time, consistency, and commitment; it doesn't happen overnight. Sounds like you're showing great results already from what you've posted...very reasonable given the time frane, and certainly nothing to be disappointed in. 4 lbs lost? Yay! :)

I agree thank you for the insight.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and have gone from 166 lbs to 162, I do not see a difference but that's because I haven't lost much. Progress comes with time :)
  • avrial85
    avrial85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have done 2 rounds of insanity and still do it a few times a week along with other exercises. It took awhile to see results on myself but in pictures I saw a huge difference from start to finish. I had a lot more strength and tone I also didn't need to lose much weight so it took longer to see it. I love insanity keep it up it's worth it!
  • Fitblkorchid
    Options
    avrial85 wrote: »
    I have done 2 rounds of insanity and still do it a few times a week along with other exercises. It took awhile to see results on myself but in pictures I saw a huge difference from start to finish. I had a lot more strength and tone I also didn't need to lose much weight so it took longer to see it. I love insanity keep it up it's worth it!

It good to know I should still keep pushing. thank you I will keep up the great work.
  • Fitblkorchid
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and have gone from 166 lbs to 162, I do not see a difference but that's because I haven't lost much. Progress comes with time :)

I started at 161 and now I'm at 156 slow progress but its better than no progress. I feel stronger and actually have the energy to start the day.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

I started at 161 and now I'm at 156 slow progress but its better than no progress. I feel stronger and actually have the energy to start the day.

those things are all positives!
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I love beachbody! Keep going, your results so far sound great...keep the effort you'll see results.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I've done a few rounds of Insanity and Insanity Max30. The first results I saw were in my ability. I could maintain my breathing better and didn't need to modify. Next I saw some weight start coming off. I didn't really start looking different to myself until I'd done a few rounds and needed to go shopping...the skin tight leggings I started working out with had gotten loose and were slipping down.

Keep going! It's a great program. Don't expect to look like the trainers though. Most of the people in those videos appear in multiple videos and do this for a living. They don't look that way because they spent an hour a day for 2 months.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    I've done a few rounds of Insanity and Insanity Max30. The first results I saw were in my ability. I could maintain my breathing better and didn't need to modify. Next I saw some weight start coming off. I didn't really start looking different to myself until I'd done a few rounds and needed to go shopping...the skin tight leggings I started working out with had gotten loose and were slipping down.

Keep going! It's a great program. Don't expect to look like the trainers though. Most of the people in those videos appear in multiple videos and do this for a living. They don't look that way because they spent an hour a day for 2 months.

they also do many takes on the workout videos so some things they are repeating over and over until they get it right in the videos.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    If you only need to lose 10-15 lbs, you should be aiming for a maximum loss of half a pound a week. Otherwise you would need a calorie deficit that doesn't allow you enough energy for your body to function properly.

Make sure you eat enough to fuel your exercise, too. I suspect you still want hair when you have a toned body.

You've had great results so far, but don't aim to lose at that rate going forward, or you'll crash and burn long before you get to your goal.

Best wishes.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,522 Member
    Options
    It takes two weeks for most people to just get acclimated to a program and you're looking at a full week of just being consistent. Your expectations are too high. Part of the reason why I don't like testimonials because there will be people who do whatever it takes to lose in a month and people try to measure up to that.
    Your progress is YOUR PROGRESS. If you are consistent, you'll see results, but it may be 6 weeks out.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png