I'm probably the only person who hates pasta... and bread... and cereal.

Options
Just not a fan of starches in general. Pasta, bread, cereal, bagels, donuts, rice, etc. Give me some vegetables, meat and cheese, please! Anyone else?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I love them.... But I prefer to spend my calories on other things most of the time.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. A steak, some grilled veggies and a salad is my idea of a great dinner. Not so big on the cheese though. Dairy sensitivity and bloating and gunky mucous. (sorry for TMI)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a pasta fan, but eat bread every day and love a baked potato (or sweet potato) with my steak and veggies. Rice is also non-negotiable because I love sushi, and Mexican food without tortillas just ain't the same.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Wat?! I can't comprehend :P
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I don't much like pasta (it's the texture I think), but I binge on bread (especially if it's fresh and crusty) and can take or leave cereal.
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I'm not much of a pasta fan, but eat bread every day and love a baked potato (or sweet potato) with my steak and veggies. Rice is also non-negotiable because I love sushi, and Mexican food without tortillas just ain't the same.

Warm, fresh bread at a restaurant with butter or a toasted bagel with cream cheese or a baked potato with sour cream ain't bad I guess... But pasta and cereal. Blah.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I eat bread as a means of transporting avocado and eggs to my mouth. Don't do pasta or rice (except sushi two or three times a year). I don't like potatoes either (chips don't count). I figure this all works in my favour. Now if only I could develop a similar aversion to carrot cake...
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I could give up everything on your list OP except for bread and bagels. If I could get all my macros and micros from bread, bagels and ehem cinnamon buns and remain at my current weight, well that's what I would eat all day long.
  • ColetteM6
    ColetteM6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have precisely the same tastes! The only exception is potatoes (oh dearest fries and chips). But I've never had a craving or real desire for what you listed.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Jeez,I haven't had cereal in 20 years haha,I like a bit of pasta,some bread,etc
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Nope not me!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    While I certainly don't hate them, I have no desire to go out of my way to eat most of what you listed. Bread, pasta, cereal & bagels I rarely eat. Don't miss them. Rice however is a staple in my diet.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I mostly find them to be overrated and things I can take or leave. I never miss rice or bread (there are some breads I enjoy if they are on offer, though), usually prefer foods NOT in a sandwich, dislike cereal and find it puzzling that people consider it a treat, so on. I enjoy pasta, but as a small part of a meal involving meat and vegetables and some cheese and olive oil, etc., normally, and would never eat it plain (I didn't realize that was even a thing pre MFP). I enjoy potatoes and sweet potatoes, but don't particularly crave them.

Basically, I'm missing the "loves starches" gene (kidding, don't really think it's a gene).
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I don't know what it is about carbs. I agree that they don't always taste that great, but I still just want to eat the heck out of them!

And lets not forget that pizza is mostly carbs. Then you have french fries, chips, cheesy poofs, warm bread, sugary cereal, rice . . . I think I need to go eat some carbs right now!
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    ahamm002 wrote: »
    I don't know what it is about carbs. I agree that they don't always taste that great, but I still just want to eat the heck out of them!

And lets not forget that pizza is mostly carbs. Then you have french fries, chips, cheesy poofs, warm bread, sugary cereal, rice . . . I think I need to go eat some carbs right now!

Never been a fan of sugary cereal or chips or rice... I do like pizza but only the cheese. Of all starchy carbs, bagels and pretzels are probably my go-tos. I do like corn tortillas and blue corn chips (nachos!!) though too...
  • pikachuFL
    pikachuFL Posts: 75 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I wish I wasn't such a bread/cereal lover. It would make it so much easier to lose weight! I can't live on meat and vegetables alone. I need my Life cereal, Lucky Charms, granola, crescent rolls, flaky layer biscuits, English muffins, bagels and donuts. Plus how can you enjoy a peanut butter sandwich without any bread?? Or a glorious roast beef and provolone sub without a wheat roll?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    ahamm002 wrote: »

Pizza is carbs, fat, and protein -- probably more fat than carbs, or as much, anyway, depending on the pizza.

Fries and chips are half fat.

Dunno about cheesy poofs, but "cheese" sounds like fat.

Warm bread, sugary cereal, and rice, yeah, pretty much carbs, although if you add butter to the bread, fat again.

To me: rice, boring; sugary cereal, yuck; warm homemade bread, especially with butter? Sure, I'm in.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I dislike pasta, always have.......but I love all other carbs LOL
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I tried the Paleo lifestyle for a while which led to the knowledge that gluten and refined sugars tend to trigger my autoimmune disease. As a result of that revelation, I stick loosely to Paleo (except I totally eat lots of cheese and drink some diet soda) as a guideline which includes the elimination of everything on your list there. I don't really miss any of it now that I have found substitutions for just about everything I would like to eat - especially caluiflower rice in place of regular rice! Wegmans has awesome cauliflower sushi :-)