Female's in mid 30s: intermittent fasting, how long to lose?

Options
Hi ladies, what is your age/ height/ weight when you first began? And if you tried intermittent fasting? How was it like, the plan and how long did it take you to lose a certain amount of weight? Thank you!
I believe everybody is different but I think if I knock off some similarities, than I can get the closest to what's real... did I say that right, ok maybe lol.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    If you gave your stats and how much you are looking to lose it might help. The reality of this whole thing is that you could find multiple women who have identical stats to your starting weight and your end goal, but their methods may not work at all for you. I took weight loss slowly because it's my preference.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    IF is just another tool some people use to control their intake, it doesn't override the calorie deficit, or increase how much you'll lose compared to if you spread your cals out...

I loosely follow 16:8, not worried if I don't. I've eaten this way to lose, maintain and gain. My calorie intake changed depending on my goals.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    IF is just another tool some people use to control their intake, it doesn't override the calorie deficit, or increase how much you'll lose compared to if you spread your cals out...

I loosely follow 16:8, not worried if I don't. I've eaten this way to lose, maintain and gain. My calorie intake changed depending on my goals.

this! IF can be used to lose, gain or maintain your weight - only a calorie deficit will lead to fat loss...
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

This. I do 14:10 most days but only due to my work schedule. If you think IF will help you stick to a calorie deficit, then try it out.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Matching age/weight/height stats to determine if this will work is pretty irrelevant.

For weight loss, I feel the best IF protocol is 5:2. Simple and effective as long as one can adhere to the fast days. You will want to plan those out, and try to eat filling, yet low calorie foods. Think vegetables, fish, eggs (especially egg whites)
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I do 16:8. I eat for 16 hours a day; then I sleep for the other 8.

Seems to work.