How many calories should I be eating

Options
Mfp told me I should be taking in 2000 calories for food but I'm not sure if that's to much I'm 29 weigh 362

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Mfp seems to be pretty reliable so long as you input all your info. Mfp has me at 2150 cal a day but I usually have a calorie deficit of 400-800 a day depending on how I eat. Working so far.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    It's not too much. Based on how much you want to lose per week, MFP has calculated how much you need to consume to maintain and then subtracted 250 calories from it for each 1/2-pound per week you want to lose. If you set it to lose 2 lbs/week, then your maintenance calories are probably 3,000, so MFP deducts 1,000 and gives you 2,000 to eat. (Note: I obviously don't know what you put in. I do know that in my case—Sedentary female, age 45, 254 lbs starting weight, to lose 1 lb/week MFP gave me 1710 calories. And it worked.)

Eat the 2,000. You will lose. And if you exercise and log it, MFP will give you more calories. Eat 50-75% back.

The only other thing is, every 10 lbs or so, go back to your "goals" tab and plug in your weight. As you lose, your body will require less fuel and you'll want MFP to adjust your intake. (In the last 7.5 months, I've dropped 62 lbs and MFP now has me on 1380 calories base. I usually exercise for a couple of hours and earn back around 650 and eat back half... so I actually eat around 1700-1750/day. And I'm still losing.)

Good luck!