Anyone with C-PTSD?

Options
bethany_rose8
bethany_rose8 Posts: 102 Member
Looking for any friends who may be able to relate to complex post traumatic stress disorder.

Many thanks ☺️

Replies

• jenmarrs429
    jenmarrs429 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yep.
  • celynemarielino
    celynemarielino Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I suffer big time and this alone just helped me.
  • littlebrittlifts
    littlebrittlifts Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Me. Big hugs.
  • Bloodbeerandiron1
    Bloodbeerandiron1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yup. From the military
  • DannyYMi54321
    DannyYMi54321 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yup, big time from having the snot beat out of me ages 0-24 by my father - well, CSA and emotional/psychological abuse didn't help either, I suspect. Nothing prepares a boy for a great and successful life like having a father who beat and r***** him, huh? Not that I'm bitter about it or anything. :o

Hey, I got something out of it - If you need sarcasm I'm your man. :p

It makes the hard things, like fitness in a very unfit society, many times harder.

Many of us with CPTSD develop eating disorders - I binge and purge. I'm better at binges - the reason I'm still too fat.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Yup, big time from having the snot beat out of me ages 0-24 by my father - well, CSA and emotional/psychological abuse didn't help either, I suspect. Nothing prepares a boy for a great and successful life like having a father who beat and r***** him, huh? Not that I'm bitter about it or anything. :o

It makes the hard things, like fitness in a very unfit society, many times harder.

Many of us with CPTSD develop eating disorders - I binge and purge. I'm better at binges - the reason I'm still too fat.

I'm so sorry. That's horrible. Keep your head up high.
  • harleygirl3871
    harleygirl3871 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed with PTSD, and learned that this is why I am ALWAYS ANGRY. Reading some of ya'll post kinda explains some of my bad habits, like the use of alcohol and skipping meals. I do know that skipping meals my body store fat, so here I am. Help
  • bethany_rose8
    Options
    Yep.
    Thanks I will add you x
  • bethany_rose8
    Options
    I suffer big time and this alone just helped me.

I'm sorry you suffer, I know how you feel.
    I will add you x

• bethany_rose8
    Options
    Me. Big hugs.

Thanks, right back at you.
    I will add you.
  • bethany_rose8
    Options
    Yup. From the military

Thanks for commenting.
    I will add you .
  • bethany_rose8
    Options

Thank you for commenting.
    I'm so sorry this happened to you.
    For me I grew up with my mother who has been addicted to weed as long as I can remember and eventually became an alcoholic and became depressed also.
    I met my father when I was 3 as he and mum separated before I was born, he was and still is depressed but is a much better role model than my mother. I self harmed at 12.
    I left home at 15 to move in with a 21 year old man and he emotionally, physically and sexually abused me/
    I suffered many eating disorders after this and got through it because of my beautiful daughter from that relationship. I left him for good at 17, and I stopped associating with him once I was moved away with my current partner and my daughter and my partner helped me realise that seeing him was hurting me. I then remembered all the repressed memories of my abuse. The safety and support of my partner and my beautiful daughter is what has gotten me through this and now that I am no longer in denial it also means I know my triggers and can feel the pain more. I cannot numb it anymore with denial or eating disorders.
    I will add you x
  • bethany_rose8
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed with PTSD, and learned that this is why I am ALWAYS ANGRY. Reading some of ya'll post kinda explains some of my bad habits, like the use of alcohol and skipping meals. I do know that skipping meals my body store fat, so here I am. Help

I understand and I'm sorry for whatever caused your PTSD.

I feel very bitter, blameful and angry at times, but my daughter and my inner strength/stubbornness keeps me fighting on. Your inner strength is why you are angry and you can redirect it
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I went through some struggles with PTSD for a period, and met a number of people with C-PTSD during the process. For the most part a different animal, but with similarities here and there.

I just wanted to comment that putting it out there and finding potential people that better understand and can help when or if needed is a great way to confront the monster it can be. Finding those tools to control or avoid the triggers are a great part of the recovery.

@harleygirl3871 The struggle can be tougher at first, but figure out your triggers and move forward from there. Use your resources and reach out for help if you need it.

@bethany_rose8 I'm sure detail in your post is difficult to put out there in public, but for those still struggling stories such as yours are powerful and help give examples of how to deal with it and not let it control your life. I'm glad you found the life partner that helped you through it, and also glad you had the strength to share it.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    I got PTSD from military service. I dont know if it affected how I ate because I was always big but it certainly didnt help. I was shocked to discovered that it's not normal to violent nightmares every night.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    While I don't have C-PTSD, I do deal with PTSD myself thanks to physical, mental, verbal, and emotional abuse from my mother and sexual abuse from a friend of my parents.
  • gunner19er
    gunner19er Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hum not sure I know the difference between simple and complex va just gives you a bag a pills
  • SurrogateMuse
    SurrogateMuse Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*
    You're not alone.
  • kelisueray
    kelisueray Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Did not expect to see a post about this in MFP, have been really slacking lately here. But you can find a lot of us over at: https://www.reddit.com/r/CPTSD/ as well. Lots of triggers over there though so just FYI.
  • rascallycat
    rascallycat Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*