Do we need to even eliminate 2 percent skim milk from coffee when cutting ?

Options

Or it is acceptable ?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,634 Member
    Options
    Cutting has more to do with calorie deficit, not the based on the % volume of milk you consume.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You don't need to eliminate anything - just make whatever you do eat fit your calorie goal
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Does it fit your calories without making you feel hungry later? If yes keep it. If no eliminate it.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    +1 to all of the above. I always make room for cream or at least half and half. Life is too short for bad coffee!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I use vanilla milk protein concentrate (mixed in water) as my coffee creamer all of the time. It's a weird preference thing for me, but hey, I gets all of the dairy calciums and protonz, and almost none of the lactose and fats.

...then I proceed to eat large curd cottage cheese a few hours later. Que sera, sera.
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    MassarDv wrote: »

Or it is acceptable ?

If you like drinking it, than it's totally fine. It's all about the numbers just like everyone else was saying. MFP will set your TDEE up based on the information you put in. The main point is maintain at calorie deficit. Skim milk per serving is fairly low in calories, just as low in calories as any other alternative.
  • MassarDv
    MassarDv Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for your help
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    If that's what you're worrying about it seems like you may have some other questions to ask lol
  • MassarDv
    MassarDv Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Well I m on a cutting plan and eating a 2000 calorie diet to maintain150 pounds . I m trying to ensure that I m not eating unwanted fat . I m on 14 percent stuck for a long time say 1 month hence I m trying to figure out how I can clean up further and trying to identify unwanted fat sources in my daily diet . I thought coffee was the culprit as I take 4 times in a day
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Well I m on a cutting plan and eating a 2000 calorie diet to maintain150 pounds . I m trying to ensure that I m not eating unwanted fat . I m on 14 percent stuck for a long time say 1 month hence I m trying to figure out how I can clean up further and trying to identify unwanted fat sources in my daily diet . I thought coffee was the culprit as I take 4 times in a day

Fat doesn't make you fat. Overconsumption of calories makes you fat. I'd tighten up my logging before cutting out foods.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

If you're cutting you're not maintaining...
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Edit: nvm - confused the thread