No fitness tracker

So I have just done my first shared PT/bootcamp/circuit session. Luckily my thumbs still work to type, although the rest of me might not make it.

I don't have a fitness tracker so was wondering the best way to record the exercise I do until I get one? Do I really need one?

Alternatively, do I not track it and it's a bonus?

Replies

• Moobear214
    Moobear214 Posts: 39 Member
    you can use the map my fitness app and it links to MFP. Under the APPS tab on the homepage
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Do I really need one?

Record it as a circuit training session.

A fitness tracker of any kind wouldn't give you a more meaningful figure anyway.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Seconding @MeanderingMammal ^^^

I lost weight and have maintained the loss for over 7 years and have never bothered with a tracker just used the MFP estimates, looked at my calorie burn over time, then adjusted to suit me.

Get one if you feel you need one.

Cheers, h
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Ta all :)
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    I've been wearing one for a bit more than a year and I loved it. Unfortunately, the device was broken a few weeks ago and I can tell you I felt very unease for these past few weeks while working out. I guess I'm just used to being able to read all the numbers. For me, it's not 100% accurate but still a good estimation when I evaluate my result... (compared to not having one and over-estimating my performance).
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    I lost weight and log all of my workouts without a tracker. Just log boot camp as circuit training.
  • udebear
    udebear Posts: 39 Member
    I absolutely love my garmin watch. I know its not perfectly accurate, but it keeps me going when I want to stop, it speeds me up when I slow down, it makes me challenge myself daily and it rewards my efforts. I would not be anywhere near as motivated without it. I also admire anyone who achieves their goals on their own motivation.