No Sugar For 30 Days

Options
izzybelle2013
izzybelle2013 Posts: 147 Member
edited June 2017 in Challenges
I am trying to reach my goal weight, which is less than 5 lbs away. But I am having terrible sugar cravings. So, I want to go 30 days without any refined sugar. By this, I mean, candy, cake, pie, cookies, etc. This will start on Monday, June 19. I would love to have lots of my friends join this challenge to give ourselves a real boost with our weight loss. Who is in? If you want, you can also post your weight loss every week. Let's do this! My current weight is 154, shooting for 150.

Replies

• trudyrobards
    trudyrobards Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you. I would like to lose 3 pounds next week. Thanks for the challenge.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    I did something similar a few years ago. Good luck! I don't remember that it helped me lose any more weight, but it does sort of reset that habit of reaching for it. :)
  • izzybelle2013
    Options
    I figure that dumping sugar can only be good for us. Even if we don't lose more weight, we will be healthier.
  • Emmam58
    Emmam58 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are you planning on giving up all sugar (including fruits, sweeteners such as honey, maple syrup, etc...? Or added sugar only? I find it difficult to avoid sugary food at work. Our office manager keeps the kitchen filled with biscuits and sweets. I can bypass the biscuits but I have a weakness for M&Ms and if I start, I'll only stop when I start feeling slightly nauseous. I'd love to join you in your challenge.
  • gim101
    gim101 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My sugar intake has been creeping up again. Time to kick it!
  • fitme2b
    fitme2b Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have been eating too many refunded carbs and ice cream so I've gained. Need to get a grip on it so here's to clean food and no sugar. Good luck guys.
  • 1snowlady
    1snowlady Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll try for 100-150g carbs a day...but no refined sugar!
  • grammageegee
    grammageegee Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the next two weeks. Then we are off on a cross country trip.
  • izzybelle2013
    Options
    Welcome everybody. I am counting cakes, pies, cookies, candy, honey, maple syrup. That kind of thing. Not counting fruit, although it should be in moderation. One or two pieces a day. My office manager used to keep a huge bowl of peanut m&ms on her desk. Nobody could pass that up for long. But remember - consistency beats intensity every time. Start by thinking - just for today, I won't eat sugar. Don't worry about tomorrow until tomorrow. 1st day is complete - managed to stay away from candy. Am proud of myself.
  • gim101
    Options
    Awesome!
  • gim101
    Options
    I have just finished day 1, managing to bypass all the treats in the office :) Feeling good so far.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    As a diabetic I already do this, but wanted to wish everyone well. In my experience after you cut sugar for about two weeks, you stop craving it nearly as badly.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I am aiming for a no-added-sugar lifestyle. I'm coming off a 20 day challenge like this today. You'll feel great, good luck everyone!
  • bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I made a vow to myself to not have cheat meals/days or alcohol for 30 days so this challenge is perfect. I made it through yesterday. Which was difficult at dinner time because my brother's girlfriend made a huge loaf of garlic bread with her chicken and broccoli Alfredo. I ate low carb tacos last night and bypassed the pasta.
  • 1snowlady
    1snowlady Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone doing this challenge started yesterday or today. I started yesterday and so far, so good. How is everyone else doing...I know its only been a day! I am not really good at low carb eating but I have done well on it in the past and would LOVE to be even more successful this time! I need to lose at least 40 pounds. Any comments?
  • Mom2Maika
    Mom2Maika Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I would love to join this challenge. I did this in February and dropped so much weight rapidly. My mood improved, my anxiety was gone, I slept better, my acne went away and I felt fantastic! Sugar is an addictive and toxic subsistance to or in your body. Since that last challenge, I have put on 10 lbs of sugar weight that I want off! I'm hooked on chocolate though. I'd love to start tomorrow as I just saw this post now. Let's do this!
  • Chessbear
    Chessbear Posts: 45 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Im in. Need to get this chocalate outta my system. Although im a few days late in this challenge.
  • bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    Work is where temptation is the worst! People bring in sweets and all sorts of junk food. I do however have a small picture saying "Keep calm and ignore junk food" on the fridge next to me so resisting isn't as difficult as it could be. I feel alot better today than I did yesterday.
  • Mom2Maika
    Mom2Maika Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's never too late! Now is the best day to start!

Chocolate seems to be a lot of people's worst enemies as well as their work environment. Why do people bring in so much junk. It's impossible to escape!

I really love your picture bdbchick! What an awesome idea!