Cutting time - do I weigh myself or not?

Options
Been bulking for dew months and gained about 12 lbs. Tomorrow I'll start to eat at maintainans and then slowly cut down.

Don't wanna lose strength wile at it but I know I'll lose some. Plan to do this slowly but do I weigh myself or just use the mirror? Don't have access to reliable fat % measurements.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Couldn't you do both? You want to look good and the scale will be an indication that you are on the right path.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I use the scale, measurements, the mirror and photos to track my progress on a cut. I weigh to make sure I am not only losing but losing at an appropriate pace.

I weigh 5-6x per week and track my weight using a trend app but you can do what works for you.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Been bulking for dew months and gained about 12 lbs. Tomorrow I'll start to eat at maintainans and then slowly cut down.

Don't wanna lose strength wile at it but I know I'll lose some. Plan to do this slowly but do I weigh myself or just use the mirror? Don't have access to reliable fat % measurements.

@Relax_Its_Just_Burpees. Don't trust the mirror. Your mind will see what it wants to see (good or bad). Non-judgemental measurements (weight/size) are best.

Measure sizes (waist, chest, arms, legs, etc..) with tape measure and record weekly. Weigh daily and track weekly trend.

As long as you keep an exercise regime this should reduce any muscle loss to a minimum.