Do you weigh yourself when you KNOW you've gained?

Options
e_v_v
e_v_v Posts: 131 Member
I weigh myself every Monday morning. However, this past week I know I dropped the ball and gained rather than lost weight. Debating not weighing myself tomorrow to save myself some self-esteem. Is it just me?

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Daily weigh-ins here as well. I prefer to know exactly how my body responds to various changes in foods. Data points are incredibly useful; the more you have, the better position you are in to make adjustments.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Yes. I weigh in daily, but only count for logging purposes Sunday AM first thing after using the washroom.

Weight loss (and gain) isn't linear. I took a diet break and ate at maintenance for 2 weeks and lost over 2 lbs. The week later I went back to deficit and gained 0.2. If I hadn't been weighing in all along, I might have been bummed over the gain instead of seeing it as 'took my body a little time to register the extra calories, but I shouldn't be shocked. Normal fluctuation. Moving right along here...'
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I weight myself before PMS and after period bloat has gone, basically 2x a month :smiley:
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week no matter what I think my weight has done. I have been wrong sometimes about thinking I gained or lost.
    Weight goes up and down normally. IME it is better to just face it without a lot of emotion. My weight was up 3 lbs from last week probably just from my period. I didn't love seeing it but I understand it and move forward.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Yep, weigh daily.
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and seeing every rise and fall has desensitized me to the number on an individual day or two. Plus more data means I can spot a trend quicker.

Totally agree with you!
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Go for it. Take your punishment!
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Yes, because avoiding the truth doesn't make it go away. I'm up on the scale by a lot today. It can serve as a reminder that I pay for my tomfoolery.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Don't see the point in avoiding your weigh in - learn from it and put it in perspective instead.
    Use it as motivation perhaps?

It's really just data, what you weigh at one single point in time. That's it, not success or failure or shameful - just a number.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    everyday for the most part. Been taking a hiatus from working out and have put on 5 pounds after almost a month. Know that eventually gotta get back at it but, ya know... sunshine and all. Wanna enjoy it before its gone in October B)
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I weigh EVERYDAY regardless. It's being HONEST with yourself. It also helps one to realize that they can't eat like they did to cause it. Lol, I ate half a large pizza yesterday and KNEW I'd be up a pound. Weighed in and yup, a pound.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Weighing everyday helps putting it all in perspective. If I'm up 4 pounds compared to the day prior, I KNOW it's water weight and that number will be different the next day. Even if the number is higher, it gives me a peice of mind.
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every other day because I'm doing laundry and the scale is there in the utility room. I never avoid the scale. I figure if there's a creep of weight, best to know sooner rather than later. After all bad news is not like wine, it doesn't get better with age.
  • mom2kateRH
    mom2kateRH Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yep. Get on the scale and face the music. It may not be as bad as you think. But even if it is bad, well, now you know. I don't weigh daily, but twice weekly.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. It helps keep me accountable. And it's just a number now, a data point, I log it in libra and move on.