Not enough sleep last night, should I nap?

Options
2»

Replies

• RAGGEDYANN1970
    RAGGEDYANN1970 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't nap even if I'm exhausted. I always seem to wake up more tired and feeling worse than I did before. I drink a cup of coffee, stay busy and go to bed early that night.

this is how my mom is. she cannot nap. she wakes feeling groggy and with a headache. i wake up very refreshed, and some days when i know i'm going to be out really late, i will nap and feel like i get two days in one! :smile:
    i guess not everyone is a napper.
  • RAGGEDYANN1970
    RAGGEDYANN1970 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've always heard the same thing--sleep isn't like putting money in the bank. You can't make up for deficits. However, if you are tired, I believe your body is telling you it needs rest--so I'd nap. I often do--and as long as I don't sleep for over 2 hours, I'm fine. If I take a nap that is longer than 2 hours, I have a really hard time waking up the rest of the day. I think I read in some magazine that the shorter naps are the better. But who really knows--so I'd go with what your body is telling you it needs.

actually i read seveal studies which indicate that you CAN make-up for lost sleep by napping;
    what you can't do is "save-up" and nap when you know you'll be missing sleep in the future.
  • tarashley13
    tarashley13 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Do whatever you want. I'm sorry I may be missing the point but how is this related to diet and weight loss? I just find it strange that you are asking if you should take a nap in a forum...

I am not trying to offend you OP I just find it unusual.

Sleep is HUGE part of weight loss. And overall health.
  • tarashley13
    Options
    If you're still awake...

Naps are good. Yes, take a nap. As others have said, I wouldn't do more than an hour though, as you might have a hard tine getting back to sleep this evening.

"If you're still awake..." Thats funny.
  • tarashley13
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!
  • TaraJx4
    TaraJx4 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I nap almost every day. I don't sleep well at night, even if I don't nap. So when my kids are napping I nap too. Or if I'm not tired I use that as my relax time and just watch tv or read. I never turn the chance of a nap down lol