BBQ

Options
raquele3394
raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
edited June 2017 in Food and Nutrition
So today is Father's Day and my husband wanted a Barbecue, so I said ok because of Father's Day. Then I get yelled for not helping. I wanted to be left alone away from the indulge BBQ. I don't want to overeat, I don't want potato salad and everything else. I want be left alone. I don't want to clean up or do anything that requires me to look at food

Happy Father's Day

47dyiw1kyml8.jpg

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You're delightful aren't you? A burger and some salad won't do you any harm... it's doing something nice for your husband... or is that so terrible?!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You can enjoy the food without overeating. It's a day to celebrate.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Bet that made your husband's day really special.

I cooked a barbecue with my family today. Steak, marinated chicken, teriyaki salmon and homemade salads.
    Delicious, nutritious and a happy occasion - a great family celebration meal.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I can see why you got yelled at (at least I think that's what you meant when you said "yield at"). It's Father's Day, not about you. Suck it up and try to enjoy it. Eat less food.
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,618 Member
    Options
    Why not celebrate Father's Day? Your husband wanted BBQ so I suggest you tweek it to fit in your cal count for the day. If you don't like what he is grilling, ask him to grill something low cal for you, maybe a small salmon fillet with veg in an alum packet, or a 4 oz lean hamburger patty. If he is doing ribs, only have 2 if you like ribs, Measure out a quarter cup of potato salad for yourself. No reason you can't have any of that - just measure, weigh and pre log to make sure it fits you program before you sit down to eat. Tell him you love him and that you want him to have a fun day. You'll enjoy it a lot more with a positive attitude, I promise!!
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Wow..what a dour and taciturn faced picture..I feel sorry for your husband on this day.
  • raquele3394
    Options
    Why not celebrate Father's Day? Your husband wanted BBQ so I suggest you tweek it to fit in your cal count for the day. If you don't like what he is grilling, ask him to grill something low cal for you, maybe a small salmon fillet with veg in an alum packet, or a 4 oz lean hamburger patty. If he is doing ribs, only have 2 if you like ribs, Measure out a quarter cup of potato salad for yourself. No reason you can't have any of that - just measure, weigh and pre log to make sure it fits you program before you sit down to eat. Tell him you love him and that you want him to have a fun day. You'll enjoy it a lot more with a positive attitude, I promise!!

I did some healthy food items, like corn and low fat sausage. I could have made salad or grilled some veggies. I guess I am just tired. It has been a long week!!!
    Sorry for the venting!!!
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I understand! Vent away! Sometimes we just need to say it to feel better...and then we can take a deep breath and soldier on!
  • raquele3394
    Options
    LZMiner wrote: »
    I understand! Vent away! Sometimes we just need to say it to feel better...and then we can take a deep breath and soldier on!

Thx that made me feel better ❤️ let's go back outside!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better! Grilled food is pretty healthy.