Options
2»

Replies

• dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    Im not really not sure, because sometimes I cant think of anything until I see what there saying, you know; people that say the things that is the stuff that makes the bad grammer, but sometimes I think to many persons makes to many mistakes, but thats because I read the internet alot, so if there making mistakes I notice it, so I guess your going to have to be more pacific so I can think of an example.

You did this on purpose!!! OMG!! The horror!

8fuizgics7v3.gif

'Except' it
  • dc8066
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    czvanut wrote: »
    "I need to eat less calories in the evening." No. You need to eat fewer calories.

<3

There's a Super Target near my house, and the signs over their express lanes say "15 items or fewer." It makes me want to hug someone.

Please 'splain'
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I got an MFP report once for telling a user you lose weight rather than loose weight, so I don't correct anyone's bad grammar or spelling anymore. Too many points against me and I'll be banned for putting other people right.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I like reading all the corrections here. It is helpful to me. I like learning the tips, thanks!

Spelling especially and grammar are not one of my better skills, oh well! I never payed much attention to it.

I don't mind being corrected, I like it. I'm learning something I didn't know, or was sloppy about. I appreciate criticism too, makes me think.
  • 1RedRoom
    1RedRoom Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I'm a lost cause Truly
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    I want to loose 50 pds.

I know, I know. So your pants will get lose. You always say that. :D:noway:
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    "Could of", "should of" and "would of" are contractions that do not involve the word "of" in any way when used properly. Have you even thought about what you are trying to communicate compared to what the words you used actually mean? >.<
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    dc8066 wrote: »
    "I need to eat less calories in the evening." No. You need to eat fewer calories.

<3

There's a Super Target near my house, and the signs over their express lanes say "15 items or fewer." It makes me want to hug someone.

Please 'splain'

"Less" is used to describe that which is measured in volume. "Less water" or "less sugar."

"Fewer" is used to describe that which is measured by number, as in a grocery store aisle; "fewer items."

Grocery store signs referring to "less items" make me twitchy.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    As already stated: loose some weight; lose skin; there/their/they're *kitten*
  • scottver2
    scottver2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    "Seen" without a possessive; "I seen it!" "Supposebly" instead of "supposedly." Too versus to appears to be quite confusing for many, too. Pronouns with no antecedent... the list goes on fo'eva.
  • dc8066
    Options
    dc8066 wrote: »

<3

Please 'splain'

"Less" is used to describe that which is measured in volume. "Less water" or "less sugar."

"Fewer" is used to describe that which is measured by number, as in a grocery store aisle; "fewer items."

Grocery store signs referring to "less items" make me twitchy.

Thank you)