SAD...make me feel better

Options
dwh77tx
dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
The past month I've taken up running- the farthest I've ever run is 6.7 miles, and I'm signed up for a 10K at the end of August. I work out 5-6 days a week doing zumba and other classes, occasionally DVDs at home. Last week I dusted off 30DS and started doing it every morning ( I rotate the levels). Well, I think I did something to the tendon outside my left ankle. When I jump (to do jumping jacks, etc) it hurts. Not extreme pain, but a feeling that shouldn't be there. SO, I've been resting the past few days and haven't worked out since Monday. I feel depressed because I haven't been working out, and wondering if I'll ever run again. I can't even go on long walks since that's putting impact on it, so I've really just been icing it and trying to do as little as possible to rest it. I'm planning on going on a long bike ride tomorrow as that's low impact. Anyone relate? I just feel depressed :(

Replies

• suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy the riding then. You've only been running for a month... injuries are common in newbie runners. Too much, too soon. Not saying you did that but it is high impact and most people go gung ho and hurt themselves. Rest for a few weeks. If you can ride a bike without pain, be grateful. Exercising is a luxury. Some people can't do it if they wanted to.

Try a spin class to cure your depression.