Buddies needed - From nearly zero to spring marathon hero with 85lbs to lose

Options
gillidovew
gillidovew Posts: 10 Member
edited June 2017 in Introduce Yourself
I have signed up to run Brighton Marathon UK in April next year and have set myself the challenge to sensibly lose around 85lbs before then. I started mfp a few weeks ago and started to lose, however since then I have also lost motivation and already started to put back on. Its really clear I need some buddies on here to motivate and support as well as be accountable. Is there anyone else on a similar journey?? I d appreciate any friend requests

I am 38, vegetarian, in Nottingham UK, 5ft 6in and have a total around 110lb to lose ( I will decide closer what will be comfortable for me). I have been running for 5 ½ years starting from not being able to run for a bus and was losing weight. However 3 years ago I entered a 20 mile race, did loads of training but became injured in the first mile with piriformis syndrome, yet still completed the run. This has had a lasting psychological impact for the last 3 years where I have not been running more than 10k and not regularly each week. As a consequence of not cutting back on what I was eating I have put on 50lbs in 3 years and now weigh the heaviest I ever have. This is now making it hard for me to run at all so by signing up for Brighton, this is me kicking my butt into gear and putting the ghosts of my injury to bed and stopping this gradual weight increase. I am currently running 3 /4 miles and getting out 2 to 3 times a week as a starting point as well as swimming and once a week circuits class