Just joined MyFitnessPal today

Hi. I thought I'd check in and say hello. I'm in real bad shape so starting slowly with baby steps. I would appreciate any support and encouragement and happy to return the same.

Replies

• ThisChickLifts
    ThisChickLifts Posts: 7 Member
    Welcome to mfp! Feel free to add me if you like
  • BrutalMeHonest
    BrutalMeHonest Posts: 42 Member
    Welcome! I also started at a point where I could barely walk for more than a minute at a time. Weight loss and health starts with nutrition, and you can start to lose weight through diet alone, it's just a bit slower. I dieted for over a month and lost 15 LBs before I started to incorporate small exercises into my daily routine. Now I can walk for almost 10 minutes at a time! Huge improvement for me. I've sent you a friend request so we can encourage each other :)
  • nvcanoli
    nvcanoli Posts: 2 Member
    Hi. I thought I'd check in and say hello. I'm in real bad shape so starting slowly with baby steps. I would appreciate any support and encouragement and happy to return the same.

Small steps is where you start. I think getting started ans staying with it is the hard part
  • nvcanoli
    nvcanoli Posts: 2 Member
    I have used these on and off for awhile. I like when i stick with it works great in helping me keep tract of things. You can do it starting is the hardest part. You are one step closer to you goal.
  • karst_runner
    karst_runner Posts: 3 Member
    While I just started using the app, I'm no stranger to exercise and losing weight. I finally had to start tracking my meals as I had hit a plateau...

The hardest part is starting and remembering that you're doing it for yourself, nobody else (although by doing it for yourself you may, improve the lives of others).

I recommend integrating the app with the other tools out there. Don't know if I'm allowed to mention them, but fitness tracking is awesome. It makes you want to do more and more. Best wishes for your loss journey
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Congratulations for starting your journey :)