Picky eater need ideas to help up my protein

Please I beg no naughty comments;). I struggle getting enough protein I do not like red meat, and not a huge fan of fish, I will eat tuna and shrimp, allergic to soy and nuts. I eat a lot of chicken and dairy. This is a lifestyle change for me so I am willing to try new things I just need ideas. I'm in a rut!

Replies

• karst_runner
    karst_runner Posts: 3 Member
    Chicken breasts, turkey, protein shakes, Greek yogurt, and my all-time favorite, egg whites.

Eggs are my "go to" more often than not. They're super easy to prepare and can be eaten with almost anything.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    How much protein are you looking at getting a day? Do you eat pork?

I eat boiled eggs, cheese, deli meat (turkey or chicken), chicken, yogurt, occasionally pork, and protein shakes. I eat the same stuff during the day and then switch up my dinners at night but they almost always involve chicken.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Eggs, protein powder, turkey, sausage, pork, beans/lentils.
  • bstewart39
    bstewart39 Posts: 7 Member
    I do eat a lot of eggs. I feel like I'm starting to get in a rut. I'll have to try lentils never had them. I do eat pork.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    bstewart39 wrote: »
    I do eat a lot of eggs. I feel like I'm starting to get in a rut. I'll have to try lentils never had them. I do eat pork.

Change up how you prepare them. Even if your only options were chicken, pork, dairy and eggs that still leaves a plethora of options.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,069 Member
    Chicken, turkey, pork, fish you like, shrimp, crawfish, crab (seafood in general), eggs, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese, mushrooms, beans, protein chips, protein bars/shakes, Halo Top/Enlightened ice cream, milk
  • lilligraz22
    lilligraz22 Posts: 183 Member
    I recently discovered quest protein powder. I have hashimoto hypothyroidism so soy is out. This is soy free and 100% amazing. My favorite is the peanut butter one. I have it with a cup of milk and ice and it's like a peanut butter shake. Just ordered the strawberries and cream one. Can't wait! Almost no sugar, carbs etc. Just great taste and lots of protein.
  • stylistdeb11
    stylistdeb11 Posts: 14 Member
    I am a very picky eater also. I don't even like eggs. Protein powders save me. I have smoothies in the am, made with protein powder, Greek yogurt, flax, pb2, cocoa, ice and water. The quest bars are really good also! Cottage cheese ( I add sweet peas and tbs of sunflower seeds) I've also experimented with lentils, have made lentils with taco seasonings and use for tacos, nachos, I like it better than the meat.