Am I completely screwing my body by eating my all calories in a 6 hour window?

I yoyo depending on the day of the week

Today I havent eaten and its 6pm. Tomorrow I'll probably start my food at 11am-1pm. Saturdays I'll do a breakfast, lunch, dinner, late night.

I eat 2800 a day right now to maintain my summer shape. I think that might be a few hundred calorie deficit max.

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,839 Member
    Nope. There's little evidence that time of day feeding or number of meals feeding makes much difference. Yes, there are some studies that indicate small differences for some people but the best schedule to use is the one that works for you.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    I think our hunter gatherer forebears had a fairly flexible eating pattern.....
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Do what works for you in terms of sticking to a nutrition plan. If it's hard work doing a IF style diet then don't. Its better that you stick to your plan than adhering to some crazy meal timing. The only time I would suggest eating at specific times is when you know you have a workout coming up and to replenish depleted stores afterwards.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Not at all. Some people purposely do that
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    It's up to you. If you want to eat on a regular schedule, make it happen. (In general, good habits tend to happen when you decide to make them happen.)

PS 2800kcals per day is pretty high. What summer shape are you going for?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    Doing that would mess me up but good.