Suggest a good weight loss exercise plan?!

Options
2»

Replies

• DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I do have a TRX system but can't find a place to hang it inside that is sturdy.

We can not afforda a gym. Even the city one that is only $25 breaks our budget. Plus I have a fear of working out in front of people. I have joined every gym in town over past 5 years. I never go because I hate people seeing me.

HERE IS MY PROGRESS FROM A YEAR AGO TILL TODAY. FEEL LIKE I AM ON MY WAY!
    osxoocsz5ts6.jpg

That's awesome progress! You can definitely see the difference that first 25 pounds made.
  • Rannoch3908
    Rannoch3908 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thanks.....

Hoping to one day be able to post a really dramatic before and after photo. Maybe some muscles in there. Flat stomach, not pear shaped.

I look forward to the day when I walk in front of a mirror or see myself in a picture and don't think - yuck!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I would not recommend planks while brushing your teeth :) I would break my nose. Happy Friday.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options

We can not afforda a gym. Even the city one that is only $25 breaks our budget. Plus I have a fear of working out in front of people. I have joined every gym in town over past 5 years. I never go because I hate people seeing me.

If you can get over that fear eventually... most YMCAs have a pool, lots of classes, equipment, and their own financial assistance plan that could make a full membership free. Maybe when you're feeling a little bold, just look up your local Y and see about low income memberships. Many Health Insurance plans cover Y memberships, and as well (but they'll never advertise it) so check that as well.
  • Rannoch3908
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Maybe one day I will get rid of that fear.

This weekend was rough (they always are). We went to a beer festival we help organize - only had two beers but fell victim to the slice of pizza and french fries covered in cheese and cheesesteak. Dang it.

Then Sunday helped my folks move some furniture and watched a movie with them. They had chip ahoys, Doritos, chocolate candies, assorted nuts. I gorged on all of those. Darn!

But it was a stumble. Back on track today eating healthy again and working out. It's so easy when I am at work all day. It's hard when I am out and about with nothing to do on weekends.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

HERE IS MY PROGRESS FROM A YEAR AGO TILL TODAY. FEEL LIKE I AM ON MY WAY!
    osxoocsz5ts6.jpg

Is there a park close by where you could use the TRX:
    https://www.trxtraining.com/train/five-tips-for-a-successful-outdoor-trx-workout
  • Goober1142
    Goober1142 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Try taking those weights with you on your walks! Check out Craigslist for used weight equipment. The total body gym is pretty useful. Also Walmart has a golds gym barbell set for $40. I love Lou Schuler's New Rules of Lifting series. Fav is the Lean Muscle Diet workouts, used on eBay or Amazon cheap. Good Luck! PS I just ate two plates of microwave cheese nachos....damn. throwing my husband's tostitos away now.
  • Rannoch3908
    Options
    I saw some awesome transformations from DDP YOGA - ever heard of that? Diamond Dallas Page Yoga!

Eating a DIABETIC / LOW CARD plan has been going great. It's so easy to just grab a meat from the list and two veggies from the list and go to town. Always feel full too.

• mfpchris
    mfpchris Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Sign up for a small event, get someone else to sign up too. The event will be fun, but preparing for it with your friend is where the magic happens.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I like swimming, YouTube Videos and I got a cheap rowing machine for the apartment.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    A lot of people "workout" with nothing more than shoes. Get out there and walk.
  • Rannoch3908
    Options
    Yeah - walking a few times a week right now!

P.S. Got under 300lbs for the first time since 2012. I am 299 today and not slowing down - 250 here I come!
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Cycling when the weather is nice is a very good option - it can be very strenuous while still being low impact.
  • kshengst
    kshengst Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm with you when it comes to disliking gyms. I "know" no one is watching or judging me, everyone is there for their own reasons...but that doesn't stop me from getting uncomfortable, second guessing myself or completing only half a workout before I run in fear. Some others mentioned different free online workouts, and that has become my go to. Its harder to talk yourself out of or excuse yourself from a 5am workout when you only have to go into another room, not drive a few blocks. While I 'run' also (okay, walk and then attempt to shuffle sometimes), weather can't be used as an argument when its nice and warm/cool/dry inside. There really is everything, for every fitness level with the ability to never fall off due to boredom. Good luck. :)
  • Rannoch3908
    Options
    Uggg - kinda have fallen off my plans.

Got down to 297 which was exciting.

But have gone out for excessive lunches three days in a row now. Didn't watch anything I ate this past weekend camping.

Trying to get back on point with a healthy keto shopping trip tonight.
  • Juniper210
    Juniper210 Posts: 77 Member
    Options