New to the group

Options
Hello all, :)
Any suggestions on the best way to get started? Trying to keep my calories at 1800 per day. Anyone live in Texas?

Replies

• NelliR86
    NelliR86 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey! Not from Texas, but the way I got started was just small stuff, like I like fast food so I picked one place that I would stop going to and maybe try and replace it with a healthy meal or a meal from home
  • davengloria1
    davengloria1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in Kentucky. I just started 4 days ago. I want to lose 83 pounds to start. I can tell by my diary that I still have to make changes in my food choices. It takes time. I am taking one day at a time. I try and eat healthy snacks.every two hours. So when I do.eat, im not starving and pug out. Wish you the best.
  • Raynette1020
    Raynette1020 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in Kentucky. I just started 4 days ago. I want to lose 83 pounds to start. I can tell by my diary that I still have to make changes in my food choices. It takes time. I am taking one day at a time. I try and eat healthy snacks.every two hours. So when I do.eat, im not starving and pug out. Wish you the best.

Thank you so much! Sounds like you're off to a great start! Best of luck!!
  • Raynette1020
    Raynette1020 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    NelliR86 wrote: »
    Hey! Not from Texas, but the way I got started was just small stuff, like I like fast food so I picked one place that I would stop going to and maybe try and replace it with a healthy meal or a meal from home

Hello! Thanks for the information! Sounds like a good idea! I will try this! Thanks again!
  • NelliR86
    NelliR86 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You're welcome!!
  • Makkar86
    Makkar86 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add..... Foucs on healthy diet with some brisk walking will be a good start I guess
  • plainpixxel
    plainpixxel Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome!! I'm new too and while I'm not from Texas but I do visit frequently to see my friends. As for getting started, I think what helps is making an excel spreadsheet for each day of the week, that has categories for every meal of the day (Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks) Also make a field for exercise. In each meal category, I write out what types of food I will allow myself to eat for that day. For example, Monday's breakfast options are a fruit smoothie or fresh fruit and some type of grain with honey as a sweetener. Tuesday's lunch should be vegan etc. I find sticking to a schedule like that to be helpful. Also adding some meatless days can do a lot to help lower your calorie intake in my opinion. You don't have to go full vegan or veg-head but maybe a few times a week will be good?

Anyways those are my tip! Feel free to add.
  • RichardM1047
    RichardM1047 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome!! I'm new too and while I'm not from Texas but I do visit frequently to see my friends. As for getting started, I think what helps is making an excel spreadsheet for each day of the week, that has categories for every meal of the day (Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks) Also make a field for exercise. In each meal category, I write out what types of food I will allow myself to eat for that day. For example, Monday's breakfast options are a fruit smoothie or fresh fruit and some type of grain with honey as a sweetener. Tuesday's lunch should be vegan etc. I find sticking to a schedule like that to be helpful. Also adding some meatless days can do a lot to help lower your calorie intake in my opinion. You don't have to go full vegan or veg-head but maybe a few times a week will be good?

Anyways those are my tip! Feel free to add.

Hello and good morning, for me it was just logging in daily of my intakes of calories and try to burn off a few calories too. I also would like to make new friends that are interested to help and support each other for our health care program. For me it keeping an eye on my daily intake of foods, so right now I am on a ten week program to trim off 500 calories a day, as a grow male I started to remove from my 3000 calories a day down to about 2500 or just under that number, now I know that maybe high for females, but it's my numbers for this 62 year young man
  • Bonbon561
    Bonbon561 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in central KY South of Lexington