Water intake/ suggestions

Options
rjel78
rjel78 Posts: 102 Member
For the last two weeks me and my wife have been drinking water only. Occasionally I would put a flavor packet in to give it a different taste. We agreed that when the two weeks was up we would have a diet drink then go back to water. We also agreed that we would allow ourselves 2 diet drinks per week. So far it's going well. On the other hand, I am still having nutrition issues. I am trying to do 2,000 calories but it's usuall about 2-2,500. Any suggestions to stay at 2,000 ?

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    All beverages count toward water intake, so you're ok doing whatever you want with that.

As far as keeping calories down, the first things I did when I realized I was struggling in that area were to cut back on fast food (less frequent, smaller sandwitch items, no more combos, etc), cut back on snack cakes, switched to black coffee and diet soda as opposed to lattes with swirl syrups and a 12 pk of regular Mountain Dew a week, smaller ice cream novelties instead of pints and half gallons, the list goes on, really. You can call your own shots. And you can do it at your own speed. No need to do it all at once. Make small changes that you can adapt to.
  • Designer20698
    Designer20698 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good job on keeping up with the water. I might suggest staying clear of diet soda, while it doesn't contain sugar it does have properties that will increase your appetite and gain belly fat. Ugh! Staying at the 2000 calorie mark is a little tougher. I've always used the mantra, "Write it before you bite it." Check the calorie, sugar, and fat content before you eat the item. You may find that it's not worth it and try to find an alternative. Some things are just not worthy of me anymore. (Donuts had to go...I haven't come this far just to come this far.) Good luck!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options
    Good job on keeping up with the water. I might suggest staying clear of diet soda, while it doesn't contain sugar it does have properties that will increase your appetite and gain belly fat. Ugh!

That is not true. It may possibly increase appetite in some individuals, but it's not universal, or even probable. And it does NOT increase belly fat.

• butlermakenna1
    butlermakenna1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What I do is plan out my meals on here beforehand, so I know what I'm eating and how much and it will all be within my calories. I've also switched my breakfast to those orgain protein drinks, (150 calories) and it keeps me full until lunch. Good luck!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options
    What I do is plan out my meals on here beforehand, so I know what I'm eating and how much and it will all be within my calories. I've also switched my breakfast to those orgain protein drinks, (150 calories) and it keeps me full until lunch. Good luck!

Yes! Pre-logging my food is a way of life.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you want to succeed... Don't fret about unimportant details like no or neglible calorie drinks. Instead, accept the fact that you have to eat less, and find out how you can consistently eat less. Some ideas - plan your meals, assess, tweak meal plan. Educate yourself, ask questions, analyze, assess, experiment. Cook, find ways to enjoy foods you can eat to satiety. Get used to, accept and enjoy sensations of healthy hunger. Tweak your schedule and surroundings to better accomodate a healthy lifestyle. Use your body more on the daily, get enough sleep and rest, watch less TV.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Perhaps change your goal to lose one pound a week so you can have more calories a day.
    Drink water or diet drinks -- it does not matter.