Just over 5 months, 73 lbs loss ~ Pics included.

Options
2»

Replies

• amdf1119
    amdf1119 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Inspiring!
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing - great success! It's encouraging and makes me think, if I had "been serious" I could have lost that 20 lbs by now!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Wowsers!
  • crushingitdaily12345
    crushingitdaily12345 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Looking amazing... I am down 51 lbs so far... You are an inspiration. :)
  • clemteen
    clemteen Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    You look amazing congratulations. This is my first week using MFP and I'm not sure if I'm using it right but I am logging everything I eat. I never get in all my calories in is this good or bad? Can you answer this for me
  • whb2015
    whb2015 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Such a big difference! I bet you are feeling soooo much stronger and healthier! keep up the good work!

Yes, I do feel much healthier and stronger. I don't feel nothing like I once did.
  • ChelleDee07
    Options
    It was your dedication that blew me away first. To go to the gym two hours a day, five days a week, takes some real commitment. But your 73lb loss in 5 months is incredible. At two pounds a week for 21 weeks, you'd expect to lose only 42 lbs. You actually lost more than 3.5lbs a week on average. Did you find that lots came off in the beginning and then you started losing more slowly?

I think it is safe to say I lost kinda quick at the beginning but even now my body loses as it decides... Honestly. I put the work in, I eat healthy. I am working on the 1200 cal with the desire to lose 2 lbs a week. Some weeks I have lost more. However I have had periods where I wouldn't lose any. I know the longest stretch has been 12 days. That is usually when folks give up... Nope. Keep doing what you are doing and push forward!
  • ChelleDee07
    Options
    Loulibelle wrote: »
    Fabulous! I have 100lbs to lose, have s gym membership I never use and am currently having 3 - 4 months off work - so I have the time to do what you have achieved. I have bookmarked this as a stark reminder about what I could achieve if I set my mind to it.

Well done and thanks for sharing.

Use that gym membership... utilize MFP and log every thing you eat. Get a digital scale and weigh your food because your perception of what a serving size is likely incorrect. You wouldn't believe what some actual servings are. It's eye-opening. You can lose the weight. It starts with your thoughts first... then you have to push forward, even when you have a bad day.
  • ChelleDee07
    Options
    clemteen wrote: »
    You look amazing congratulations. This is my first week using MFP and I'm not sure if I'm using it right but I am logging everything I eat. I never get in all my calories in is this good or bad? Can you answer this for me

This is a personal preference thing and you will get all different kind of replies. Some people don't eat into their exercise calories (calories you have earned BEYOND what MFP allots you given the info you entered when you joined). Some will eat some of their exercise calories, but then there are some that will eat them all. Many days, I don't go into mine. Then there are times I eat into them, but not even halfway. Once in a while I will eat almost all of them, but it is a rarity for me. Keep in mind we are all different and you have to find your happy medium. You shouldn't be starving! You have to fuel your body.
  • tracyj1247
    tracyj1247 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree with ChelleDee07 sometimes I will eat my calories and sometimes I will save them. I thank you clemteen for asking that question. It let's me know that am on the right track. Thanks everyone for the motivation.
  • fab_for_40
    fab_for_40 Posts: 14 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    What a fab transformation! Keep it up!!!
  • Dliezzatti
    Dliezzatti Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!!!
  • Slimmingdownthisyear
    Slimmingdownthisyear Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is amazing!!!! I am currently the same weight as your starting weight. I have thought about the gym, but am not confident to go just yet. I want to lose some weight first before going, I'm sure its just me making up excuses. But to know it can be done is inspirational!! :smiley:
  • karen_vr
    karen_vr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I saw your post and awesome pictures. I really needed it! Hey, just curious - How often are you weighing yourself? I feel this need to check the scale daily, but I think that might be working against me (psychologically). Congratulations on your hard work paying off!
  • ChelleDee07
    Options
    This is amazing!!!! I am currently the same weight as your starting weight. I have thought about the gym, but am not confident to go just yet. I want to lose some weight first before going, I'm sure its just me making up excuses. But to know it can be done is inspirational!! :smiley:

Do you have a Planet Fitness nearby? It's not like other gyms I've been to. It truly is a judgement free zone and there are men and women of all sizes that go.

• ChelleDee07
    Options
    karen_vr wrote: »
    I'm so glad I saw your post and awesome pictures. I really needed it! Hey, just curious - How often are you weighing yourself? I feel this need to check the scale daily, but I think that might be working against me (psychologically). Congratulations on your hard work paying off!

Truthfully, that's another individual preference. I weigh every morning. Some refuse to because they say it discourages them, but it just pushes me harder.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!