Options
2»

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    kemshara wrote: »
    Add daily miralax

no - daily consumption of laxatives WILL cause dependence upon the laxatives to continue to be able to go...
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    How much fat and oils are you eating per day?

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    How much fat and oils are you eating per day?

This^

Fiber, fluids, FAT and activity....all of these help. If you have added fiber, and no progress, if you are staying hydrated and no progress.....add more fat to your diet.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I have ongoing GI problems from a Gastric Ulcer (noe I have GERD for life), so I see a few GI docs regularly and asked them about bowel movements because I drink about 200 oz of water per day, eat tons of variety in food, and even things that are supposed to have a "laxative effect" don't change things one bit. I only go about 1 time per week for at least 10 years.

The GI Docs said the idea that "more poop is better health" is a myth and that "healthy" can be 2 times daily to 1x per week in the absence of intestinal pain, constipation, etc.

I still stress about it on occasion, but since I feel totally fine and just don't have the "urge"....its really no big deal. It's normal. And frankly, I think it's weird when I see my significant other head to the bathroom for 20 minutes 2x per day. I always think it must be inconvenient to have to poop everyday or people who are on "schedules".

I wouldn't worry about it unless you're having distress, pain, excessive gas, bloating, constipation, etc. But you can always see a GI Doc to be sure.
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Oh my. Probiotics? That does not sound healthy. Probably best to have a talk with your Dr.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Probably should ask your mommy to call your Dr and make an appointment
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Have you been taking any new vitamins or calcium? Or have you been taking any new medicines? Certain supplements or medicines can cause that.

Be careful not to use too much soluble fiber, because that can have the opposite affect if you aren't drinking a lot of water. What really helped me most was insoluble fiber like the kind you get in All Bran cereal.

Magnesium Oxide can really help and so can pre-biotics, and maybe probiotics.

Miralax can help to begin with, but it's not good long term. Good luck!
  • SophiasMama12
    SophiasMama12 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add a cup of coffee or two.
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Judging by her few days of logging, she is low protein, low to no veggies and fruit, low fiber, and high carb. I'm not surprised she's having a problem.
  • YvetteK2015
    Options
    I had the same problem for as long as I can remember. I could only go once about every week and a half. Uncomfortable and unpleasant aren't even the words to describe it. It wasn't until I started adding a powdered magnesium supplement earlier this year that the problem resolved itself. I'll never be without my magnesium again.
  • YvetteK2015
    Options
    I only pooped 3 or 4 times this month
    before i pooped every 2-3 days
    im trying to add more fiber because i eat double fiber bread and more veggies
    my mommy said i can go to the doctor if it doesnt get better soon

This is what the OP said about being able to go.
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I only pooped 3 or 4 times this month

So? Be happy, you save on toilet paper lol
    There is a difference between "I cant" and "I dont feel like going". When you *kitten* is ready to come out it will come out. :)

Where in her two statements does she say she doesn't "feel" like going? She is obviously having an issue if she feels the need to add fiber, and possibly needs to see a doctor to fix the problem. I can tell you, from being the same way....I felt I "needed" to go, but had great difficulty.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I had the same problem for as long as I can remember. I could only go once about every week and a half. Uncomfortable and unpleasant aren't even the words to describe it. It wasn't until I started adding a powdered magnesium supplement earlier this year that the problem resolved itself. I'll never be without my magnesium again.

Here is the difference. You wanted to but could not, OP doesnt feel like it. Big big difference.

Only pooping 3-4 times a month is most definitely not normal. I dread to think how heavy and bloated she must be feeling, not to mention the massive build up of waste inside her by going so infrequently.
  • JPD00focus
    JPD00focus Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My daughter had an issue like this. She had to change to a vegetarian diet, her body didn't like to process meat. When I went to basic training I didn't go for almost a month because of the continuous exercise and physical activity.