Deep Nutrition

Options
chelllsea124
chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
Has anyone read Deep Nutrition? My journey is about losing weight, but learning about nutrition is obviously a plus. I'm about 20 pages into this book and find it very interesting so far.

Replies

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Is there a movie version of it?
  • chelllsea124
    Options
    I don't believe so
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it, but I'll put it on my reading list & check it out.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

I don't think it's that kind of book.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    It's utter nonsense. The author thinks we can eliminate disease by changing our diet. That, and she's fairly anti-carb.
  • chelllsea124
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    It's utter nonsense. The author thinks we can eliminate disease by changing our diet. That, and she's fairly anti-carb.

:o:o:o
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options

I don't think it's that kind of book.

Maybe if Jennifer Lawrence played the banana and had a nude scene?
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Cover Blurb:
    Deep Nutrition illustrates how our ancestors used nourishment to sculpt their anatomy, engineering bodies of extraordinary health and beauty. The length of our limbs, the shape of our eyes, and the proper function of our organs are all gifts of our ancestor's collective culinary wisdom.

From the author:
    One of our favorite passages in the book speaks to the importance of our ability to gauge beauty. Contrary to what we typically hear, the fascination for good-looking people is not a new phenomenon created by Hollywood. Nor is it about vanity. Rather, the instinct for beauty reflects a deep-seated, primal survival skill that has enabled us to reliably select the healthiest mates and pass on the healthiest genes to our offspring.

Unfortunately, the introduction of industrial food into our bodies has also impacted our genetic expression and, for reasons described in Chapters Two and Three, this means that optimal growth is now relatively more rare and precious than it was in the past.

Once we better appreciate how wandering from our ancestral nutritional path can affect us so powerfully, we can better appreciate the power of real food to set our bodies back on track.

Draw your own conclusions. My BS sense is tingling.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I thought your profile pic was a pict of a weenie at first. And OF COURSE I clicked on your name to get a closer look. But its a kitten. :D

So instead of a weenie it's a puss n boots...
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Cover Blurb:
    Deep Nutrition illustrates how our ancestors used nourishment to sculpt their anatomy, engineering bodies of extraordinary health and beauty. The length of our limbs, the shape of our eyes, and the proper function of our organs are all gifts of our ancestor's collective culinary wisdom.

From the author:
    One of our favorite passages in the book speaks to the importance of our ability to gauge beauty. Contrary to what we typically hear, the fascination for good-looking people is not a new phenomenon created by Hollywood. Nor is it about vanity. Rather, the instinct for beauty reflects a deep-seated, primal survival skill that has enabled us to reliably select the healthiest mates and pass on the healthiest genes to our offspring.

Unfortunately, the introduction of industrial food into our bodies has also impacted our genetic expression and, for reasons described in Chapters Two and Three, this means that optimal growth is now relatively more rare and precious than it was in the past.

Once we better appreciate how wandering from our ancestral nutritional path can affect us so powerfully, we can better appreciate the power of real food to set our bodies back on track.

Draw your own conclusions. My BS sense is tingling.

What if she's right?

Even I had trouble typing that.