Open for discussion

elherna2017
elherna2017 Posts: 24 Member
I guess I'm looking for a group that is kind of recent. I've been doing this for about a week or so, and most of the discussions I've been interested in joining have been from 2015. So my opinion on them would be a little late. I could literally talk about anything. So some one jump in please.

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited June 2017
    Where did the term, "Cheese it, the cops!" come from?

“cheese it—the cops!” was a staple of mid-20th-century crime novels and films, as well as such movies as The Dead End Kids and The Bowery Boys.
  • cee134
    edited June 2017
    Is Alpha Bits cereal just Lucky Charms cereal without the marshmallows?
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    cee134 wrote: »

I want to say they are different, I think Alpha Bits are more sugary.
  • cee134
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »

I want to say they are different, I think Alpha Bits are more sugary.

Now I want to know the answer as it's made by the same company. So, is it just repackaged and maybe sugar added because there are not marshmallows?
  • cee134
    Do dragons get sore throats?
  • elherna2017
    I have literally never heard of either thing. Lol
  • cee134
    I have literally never heard of either thing. Lol

You have never heard of dragons or throats?
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Why are the little Styrofoam pieces called peanuts?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    Why are the little Styrofoam pieces called peanuts?

They're shaped like a peanut?
  • elherna2017
    Haha, no. That's not what I meant. While I was typing my response to the cereal question and the cheese thing. You know, the questions everyone's really wanting to know, you typed your question.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    I guess I'm looking for a group that is kind of recent. I've been doing this for about a week or so, and most of the discussions I've been interested in joining have been from 2015. So my opinion on them would be a little late. I could literally talk about anything. So some one jump in please.

Apparently all the great threads are from 2008.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Per Yahoo Answers:
    "Best Answer: because they used to use peanut shells to do that sort of packing with and those Styrofoam pieces replaced that"
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member

Just to make sure I understand... you combed every thread from 2017 and 2016 and didn't find anything to your liking and had to go back to 2015 to find discussions that interest you? What discussions were being had in 2015?
  • cee134
    Haha, no. That's not what I meant. While I was typing my response to the cereal question and the cheese thing. You know, the questions everyone's really wanting to know, you typed your question.

If you were a worm, how long would you be?
  • emacg2
    emacg2 Posts: 113 Member
    What came first. The chicken or The egg?
  • elherna2017

Just to make sure I understand... you combed every thread from 2017 and 2016 and didn't find anything to your liking and had to go back to 2015 to find discussions that interest you? What discussions were being had in 2015?

Just to reiterate, I just started this thing. So no I haven't combed through every discussion from 2017 and 2016. I sped read through titles of discussions and as they seemed somewhat interesting I would check them out.

I have to say though, a discussion about why I wanted to have a discussion has to be the single most original idea for a discussion I've seen yet. ( slow clapping) Props to you.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Why is geese plural for goose, but meese is not plural for moose?
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    In the original Parent Trap with Hayley Mills, why was it acceptable that the twins, one from California and one from Massachusetts, both had an English accent?
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Which fruit/vegetable would you say you resemble? Why?