Ladies - Question regarding Aunt Flow's visit

I was just curious how does your monthly cycle effect your weight loss? It seems like I tend to lose less in the week before & week of.

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    I don't weigh myself, but when I did, the scale was always up at 2-4 pounds.
  • I stay away from the scale certain times of the month since I am usually bloated around that time.
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    I gain lots of water weight, almost 6lbs some time. I notice a few days before my weight doesn't change but it all comes off when its gone. Just don't stress, avoid the scale if its too much for you.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    My aunt is named Bertha
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    I actually lose weight a few days before and at the end I'm a few pounds heavier. This particular time I am a few lbs heavier but it just stopped a few days ago. I am NOT weighing myself next month during TTOM.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Between Flo and TOM, my life is f*cked.

The only advice I can give is don't swim in the ocean, shark attack prevention.
  • lisquito
    lisquito Posts: 19 Member
    Your body retains water around the time of your cycle, which leads to a bloated feeling for a lot of women. I tend to weigh up to 5lbs more right around my period, which used to really freak me out, until I realized the correlation!

When weighing myself around that time I try to keep the extra weight in mind, and always weigh again after cycle to make sure that I am not actually gaining!
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    I puff up like an angry blowfish with all the retained water, maybe gain 2-3 pounds. It goes away after a couple days, but yeah, it happens like clockwork for me.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I am always a bit heavier due to bloating and water retention. I tend to not weight those weeks.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I lose all my weight during and after AF, but typically gain 2 lbs the 2 weeks before it arrives.
  • lauriem1966
    lauriem1966 Posts: 134 Member
    I retain a ton of water before AF and have been up as much at 7 pounds but usually once she arrives, its all back to normal.
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    You can lose during this time??? Amazing! I gain 5-10 every time.
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member

And no, this is not a joke.
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    I add some midol to the routine, and continue as normal. You do what's best for you though.
  • kmpublishing2
    kmpublishing2 Posts: 55 Member

I do as well-- usually on the 10-12 lb side. In reference to the lady with the angry blowfish above...I think my blowfish must've eaten your blowfish, since it's definitely extra angry and twice the size! :frown:
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member

I do as well-- usually on the 10-12 lb side. In reference to the lady with the angry blowfish above...I think my blowfish must've eaten your blowfish, since it's definitely extra angry and twice the size! :frown:

Haha, I haven't been around a trustworthy scale during my placebo week recently, so I was just guessing. It may well be higher! My old scale seemed to think I gained weight peeing, sooooooooooo
  • Yep. Water weight - hormones - it sucks.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Between Flo and TOM, my life is f*cked.

The only advice I can give is don't swim in the ocean, shark attack prevention.

Is that what happened in Jaws?
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    kmpublishing2- your dress is so freaking cute!

OP: I will usually have a drop the day or two before. Then I'll be up anywhere from 2-5 pounds the week of and it gradually comes off again. Also in that time when I drop, I'll usually be incredibly hungry. I can't stop eating. That has actually gotten worse since I added in weights to my routine, for some reason.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    I may retain a bit, which quickly goes away after. I will say the first two weeks following the completion of it, I can lose like mad. I always concentrate on staying on plan & exercising regularly during those two weeks. There have been months where I fly right by w/o noticing PMS, it's not consistent but it has happened.