Looking More Female Friends Like Myself

Options
Hey There! I have been active on MFP since mid January and I have done well. I am looking to connect with others like me... women in their 40's trying to get healthier and in the process lose weight. I am 43, 5' 5.5" and my starting weight on Jan 11th was 260. My current weight is 185.2. My short term goal weight was 199 and I reached Onederland on May 10th! My next goal is to weigh less than my husband and I am not too far from there now. Maybe four to five pounds!! My long term goal was 175, but I may be changing it to 160. I am only 10 lbs from the 175 and I already know I will want to go further than that. I go to the gym a minimum of four times a week and often, more. I utilize MFP daily, logging my food & exercise as well as interacting with my friends.

I have built some great friendships here, but would like a few more that are active daily on MFP & chatty. A like is noticed but real motivation comes when feedback is given. I am NOT a negative or every play must be by the book person... what works for one is not going to work for everyone.

This is a change I have made in my life and I'd like to add some like minded women to continue this journey with me.

Replies

• midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    You can friend me. I'm almost 46. Started at 205. Down to 185, which was easy but only because of how much I was eating before. I'd like to lose another 30-40 but I imagine it's going to be really HARD. I have a couple kids, so meal planning, cooking and finding time to exercise is a challenge.
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • happyringer
    happyringer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    "You've done well" is an UNDERSTATEMENT!!! You've done REALLY WELL!!!

I'm a young 55 - and u can see my story on my profile. I am making slow, but steady, progress. I've made and am still making a LOT of changes and am really enjoying my new healthy lifestyle. Most recently, I started doing yard work, and I love it! I'm getting stronger, sweating a lot, and my yard loves the attention. It's instant gratification of a healthy kind. I log EVERY DAY, and have mfp open on my computer constantly. friend me, if you'd like.
  • linkwoman
    linkwoman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Do you also use Fitbit? I find this site and app difficult to use and don't use it daily, but if you are on fitbit I'd love to be friends there. Please do friend me on here anyway if you don't have fitbit.... I just won't be on every day.

How do you send a friend request on here? I would send you one if I knew how.

I'm 46, weigh 247. 4 weeks ago I weighed 260. I'm at Unite Fitness Retreat right now in SLC, Utah, and I do recommend it. It's my 4th week here and I'm tired and homesick but also proud of what I've accomplished here. My clothes are looser for sure!

P.S. I don't have a fitbit but it reads my data from my iPhone and their app and site are really great user-experience-wise.
  • happyringer
    Options
    Do not have fitbit.
  • happyringer
    Options
    linkwoman wrote: »
    Hi! Do you also use Fitbit? I find this site and app difficult to use and don't use it daily, but if you are on fitbit I'd love to be friends there. Please do friend me on here anyway if you don't have fitbit.... I just won't be on every day.

How do you send a friend request on here? I would send you one if I knew how.

I'm 46, weigh 247. 4 weeks ago I weighed 260. I'm at Unite Fitness Retreat right now in SLC, Utah, and I do recommend it. It's my 4th week here and I'm tired and homesick but also proud of what I've accomplished here. My clothes are looser for sure!

P.S. I don't have a fitbit but it reads my data from my iPhone and their app and site are really great user-experience-wise.

13 lbs in 4 weeks is also great!! congrats!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 42 y/o and 5' 6.5" tall. I'm currently in maintenance at roughly 132 pounds (I fluctuate up a down a few pounds every week). I do log my food daily but I don't always pay attention to my MFP feed. I am, however, much more active on Instagram so feel free to add me if you like. My diary is also open. I do exercise regularly, but I don't always log my exercise because MFP's exercise database doesn't seem to have equivalents for some of the types of exercise I do (shrug).
  • duncan04
    duncan04 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm a happy soon to be 48 ...and darn happy about it! Working on my Spartan Trifecta and perhaps if time/location permits a Double Trifecta by the end of 2017! I'm an open book and a super cheery person
  • happyringer
    Options
    trifecta?
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. I'm down 50+lb, another 20ish to go. I'm 43 and 5 foot 1.5. No absolute on my end point, I've been on medication for my blood pressure, I guess I'll keep working till I can come of it!
  • MamaMollyT
    MamaMollyT Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 41 and lost my weight a while ago (I was at 185, 5'5" after having my kids) but have mostly kept it off for the past 8 years. I fluctuate depending on whether it's marathon season or not. I'm very active and try to eat my veggies every day and also love real food. I can't live on protein shakes! I find this app and community very helpful especially when I'm not racing. I just finished my season in April and put on 10 pounds very quickly as I kept eating like I was training even though I was on break! I'm currently trying to get back in my groove with less running, more swimming and reigning in the eating as I'm burning much fewer calories.
  • colleen6410
    colleen6410 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Same road here .... 46 started in jan 2017 weighing in at 170.... I'm am down to 129 with my goal of 125 in my sights!!!! Would love to have us all friends so we can motivate and keep.each other on track!!!! Good.luck and keep it up its reachable! !!!