Why am I having all these cravings?

Options
I don't know what is going on, but here lately I stay hungry all the time. I still can't eat large portion's at a time but I find myself wanting to eat all the time, craving sweets like chocolate. Anyone else??? And my weight loss has come to a screeching halt. Anyone got any ideas?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Is your daily calorie goal set too low?

How long has this been going on?

How old are you? How tall are you? What is your current weight and goal weight?

Not enough info currently to even guess.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Also are you using a food scale?
  • sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Increase water and protein. Try going for a walk when the need to munch hits and see if that decreases it. Have a piece of dark chocolate and include it in your calorie count.
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Agree with more water and protein. Have you tried intermittent fasting? It has worked well for me. I actually feel satisfied for part of the day rather than "hangry" all day.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    A chocolate craving can indicate that you are low in magnesium. Start taking a supplement. There is nothing wrong with chocolate, though, as long as you limit yourself to 3 or 4 ounces.

The general solutions to a lack of satiety are to increase your water consumption as well as the percentage of fats, proteins and fiber in your diet. In other words, you may have too many low-fiber carbs taking up your calorie allowance. Those will not keep you full.