Skinny fat

So I have recently joined to actually get fit cause I have noticed I have a little more belly fat than normal I guess, though I have a skinny frame so nobody notices but I do. I have always been able to eat a lot and not gain weight and I am actually underweight somehow. I wanted to get your opinion on what exercises I should do to lose fat (especially on the belly) and maintain my weight or actually gain a little.

Replies

• arianatebo
    arianatebo Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2017
    So I am 18, 5"2.5 and I weigh 98, I would actually like to gain weight. So sardesla thanks for the advice
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Yes in that case you definitely should gain! But you don't have to go crazy, keep the surplus small like I outlined so you are gaining 0.25-0.5lb per week (1-2lb per month), your weight may jump as you increase your food and start training so don't be alarmed. Also I would keep protein around 0.8-1g per lb bodyweight, fat at 0.4-0.6g per lb bodyweight and fill the rest with carbs.
  • arianatebo
    arianatebo Posts: 3 Member
    thanks
  • Tabbycat00
    Tabbycat00 Posts: 146 Member
    arianatebo wrote: »
    So I am 18, 5"2.5 and I weigh 98, I would actually like to gain weight. So sardesla thanks for the advice

We're almost twins, except I'm old enough to be your mother and I'm NOT looking to gain. I take boot camp classes three times a week and do light "cardio" (walk my daughter in a stroller for 4 miles) twice a week. I'm pretty happy with the results and how everything looks. I credit the combination of weight training with more rigorous cardio in the classes for helping me get everything where I want it to be. Weight training will help you build muscle and add a few pounds...possibly. The number on the scale (5'2" 97.5) hasn't changed much but I am more toned. Good luck.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Tabbycat00 wrote: »
    arianatebo wrote: »

We're almost twins, except I'm old enough to be your mother and I'm NOT looking to gain. I take boot camp classes three times a week and do light "cardio" (walk my daughter in a stroller for 4 miles) twice a week. I'm pretty happy with the results and how everything looks. I credit the combination of weight training with more rigorous cardio in the classes for helping me get everything where I want it to be. Weight training will help you build muscle and add a few pounds...possibly. The number on the scale (5'2" 97.5) hasn't changed much but I am more toned. Good luck.

@Tabbycat00 Can i ask how many calories you eat to maintain such a low weight?
  • Tabbycat00
    Tabbycat00 Posts: 146 Member

@Tabbycat00 Can i ask how many calories you eat to maintain such a low weight?[/quote]

I eat 1400 a day, no "eating back" workout calories. I'm 40 years old with a pretty sedentary job and have weighed between 94-100 all of my adult life with the exception of pregnancy. I've been eating the same amount of calories since 1999!!!!! I thought it would have to change with age, when training for a marathon, pregnancy, after baby, something. My weight range has gone up since turning 40 (97-99 from 94-96) crazy.