Vibration plates

Hi all
Has anyone ever used a vibration plate for exercise?
What was your experience?
Did it tone you or did u lose weight or inches?
Thanks

Replies

• ldwatene
    ldwatene Posts: 150 Member
    My brother uses one of these and said he lost some clothes sizes. I'm a skeptic myself.
  • DietVanillaCoke
    DietVanillaCoke Posts: 259 Member
    edited June 2017
    Mother and sister got one, both are still obese.

Also spoke to a lady at a "reddot" store, she said she bought the trial ones from TV and had them take it back after month because it didn't do anything. She was using it 1 hour a day. That's one of the expensive ones... so either the machine doesn't really do much or the lady didn't also change her diet.... or both.

You lose calories standing over sitting, with the plates you're standing, trying to keep balance and you're moving as it's vibrating. Basically you're doing something, so you're burning more calories... not much more. In all honesty, you're better off saving the money and going for a walk. You'll burn more in less time. Use the money to buy some weights or put it towards a holiday once you've hit your MFP goals. =)
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    We have one at the gym - I have no idea what the hell it is supposed to do. I asked the gym's manager and she didn't know either. But, I tell you something - its very, very loud.

Seems like a waste of time, space, and electricity to me.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    You'd be better off just walking for the amount of time you would stand on it.
  • abs1970
    abs1970 Posts: 235 Member
    I use it for tight muscles more than anything, sitting on a tennis ball on the plate really helps ease the soreness. I've also been told low squats on there are very good (apparently great for breaking down the delightful cellulite that us females are cursed with!) Giving them a try later today so I'll let you know.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Hi all
    Has anyone ever used a vibration plate for exercise?
    What was your experience?
    Did it tone you or did u lose weight or inches?
    Thanks

if weight loss were as simple as standing on a vibrating machine everyone would do that and be thin...unfortunately it doesn't work like that...
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    From what I've read abut them they're a complete waste of money except when used in the context of physiotherapy. Vibration plates, infrared saunas, cleanses, juicing etc........all 21st century snake oil.