Boiled Egg vs Fried Egg!

Options
I've been eating Boiled Eggs for a while now and want to change it up.

If I Fried Eggs in Coconut oil would the Calories be the same as a Boiled Egg? Then add the Coconut oil Calories? Is that how it works?

Boiled Egg: 70 Calories.
Fried Egg: 70 Calories + Coconut oil portion???

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    KJBarker_ wrote: »
    I've been eating Boiled Eggs for a while now and want to change it up.

If I Fried Eggs in Coconut oil would the Calories be the same as a Boiled Egg? Then add the Coconut oil Calories? Is that how it works?

Boiled Egg: 70 Calories.
    Fried Egg: 70 Calories + Coconut oil portion???

That's correct.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    yeah the egg doesn't change really- it's the oil that's the issue. And really assume about 120 calories per tablespoon of oil.

so you're egg went from a delicious lower calorie protein snack to a higher calorie fat snack of 200 ish calories.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    i just use a little of the basic spray oil to get as little in the pan as I can when I fry. I also fry egg whites a lot.
  • KJBarker_
    KJBarker_ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    yeah the egg doesn't change really- it's the oil that's the issue. And really assume about 120 calories per tablespoon of oil.

so you're egg went from a delicious lower calorie protein snack to a higher calorie fat snack of 200 ish calories.

The Calories and Fats aren't really an issue for me. The more the better! I eat very minimal Carbs so I need an extra dosage of Fat. Coconut oil is a gift from the food gods so if I can eat Fried Eggs a healthy way and get my calories at the same time, why not
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I use coconut oil almost every morning for my eggs. 7 grams of coconut oil = 60 calories. Not bad IMO. I like coconut oil because it is very easy to measure out (put jar on scale, zero out, use a fork to scrape out 7 grams, set fork in pan while oil melts off.)
  • KJBarker_
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I use coconut oil almost every morning for my eggs. 7 grams of coconut oil = 60 calories. Not bad IMO. I like coconut oil because it is very easy to measure out (put jar on scale, zero out, use a fork to scrape out 7 grams, set fork in pan while oil melts off.)

Yea I use a 20g portion of Coconut Oil in my Eggs which is 181 Calories. Pretty low for the benefits that come with it!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

Yea I use a 20g portion of Coconut Oil in my Eggs which is 181 Calories. Pretty low for the benefits that come with it!

What are the benefits?
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    What's the score with coconut oil nowadays? I've kind of heard mixed studies that its actually worse for you than butter because of the amount of saturated fat and you're better of using olive oil or virgin rapeseed oil?
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Oh noes...the coconut oil cancels out the protein?
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    NOTE: I'd rather use non stick spray but that's just me
  • wizzybeth
    Options

So is butter. :)
  • KJBarker_
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »

What are the benefits?

Cocount Oil helps Increases the good Cholesterol in the body and removes the bad at the same time. It's Great for the skin. Lowers Heart Disease and also has no health risks.

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »

Yes and what's your point?
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »

Yes and what's your point?

My point is you can do the same thing with butter, do you have trouble comprehending that?