Question about logging exercise

Options
Hey guys I do warm up cardio before I actually workout but I have no idea how to log it into MFP. I do it off random YouTube videos. So they don't have names or at least that I can find on the app. Anyone have any suggestions?? Please and thank you!

-Nell

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Calorie burns are guesstimates (often generous). Just use a general category for calorie burn, a "brand name" isn't going to make the calorie burn guess any more accurate. If it's just the warm up you are looking for, I wouldn't even bother with it.

All exercise calorie burns are in the cardiovascular section - strength training, yoga, circuit training, general aerobics, etc.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Callisthenics as a general catch all category perhaps?
  • NelliR86
    NelliR86 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sort of but that was more strength oriented (based on what I looked up) I just do jumping jacks and then random steps side to side while moving my arms lol it's ok I will just have to not put it in
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Aerobics, general
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    If you have a HRM you could use that. If I forget my HRM, or back when I one, I often use http://scoobysworkshop.com/calories-burned/ -》calories burned by exercise results.
  • vmbourg
    vmbourg Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I use a Heart Rate Monitor (HRM). I do a workout that is a mix of cardio and strength training. So i just created an excercise under cardio called "Personal Training Circuit" and log the amount of calories burned on my HRM, adjusted for about 30 cals every 30 mins (Thats what I usually burn even when I dont workout)
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My new phone is annoying me...
    If you have a HRM you could use that. If I forget my HRM, or back when I didn't own one, I often use http://scoobysworkshop.com/calories-burned/ -》calories burned by exercise results.
  • NelliR86
    Options
    Aerobics, general

Yes thank you! That's basically what I do. So I will add it under aerobics
  • NelliR86
    Options
    vmbourg wrote: »
    I use a Heart Rate Monitor (HRM). I do a workout that is a mix of cardio and strength training. So i just created an excercise under cardio called "Personal Training Circuit" and log the amount of calories burned on my HRM, adjusted for about 30 cals every 30 mins (Thats what I usually burn even when I dont workout)

I don't have one of those but I've thought about getting a Fitbit, would that be similar?
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    NelliR86 wrote: »
    Sort of but that was more strength oriented (based on what I looked up) I just do jumping jacks and then random steps side to side while moving my arms lol it's ok I will just have to not put it in

Speedskaters? If not.... try those for good "side to side steps with arms". Keeps you lunging low. I just look up the calorie burn for similar things (like yours might be "aerobics, general" or "callisthetics, light") and then create my own exercise and adjust calories based on my effort.
  • NelliR86
    Options
    NelliR86 wrote: »

Speedskaters? If not.... try those for good "side to side steps with arms". Keeps you lunging low. I just look up the calorie burn for similar things (like yours might be "aerobics, general" or "callisthetics, light") and then create my own exercise and adjust calories based on my effort.

Not quite speed skaters. The video says lateral step with pull and then high knee pulls. So I do that to music along with jumping jacks so I guess it is like aerobics. But creating your own sounds cool I can try that.