Swing shift and meal times

Options
jmac4263
jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
With how many members MFP has surely there's a handful who can relate......
I work a swing shift so for 2 weeks I work 7 to 3 and 2 weeks I work 3 to 11. I am having a hard time with meals as in when I'm hungry vs when I'm eating and not eating over for how many hours I'm awake.
When I work 7 to 3 I have tried going to the gym at 345 am before work which I generally like but then I almost always have to nap right after work and I'm always starving it seems when I get home. Then it makes it hard to get to sleep at a decent time and I normally eat again before bed. I also tried working out at 730 in the evening but again I'm awake from my work out and I'm hungry after my work out.

When I work 3 to 11 I go to the gym at 730 so by 10 I start eating for the day...the problem is I have to spread my calories out over 13 hours at a minimum and again I'm hungry when I get home at 11:30 pm

This is not a new issue for me I have been on this swing shift for almost 2 years and I'm still struggling with my eating times and routine......anyone else have this issue or suggestions? I'm open to try anything so I can keep my hunger down and eat at helpful times!!!
If you work a similar shift and have something that works for you please share!

Thanks
Jen