Stalled!

Options
Some of you may remember about 4 months ago I posted that I was having a a diet of around 900-1000KCAL per day, and had dropped from 25 stone 2 in Feb to about 13 and a half a couple of months ago. After figuring out how bad that was, I upped my intake to about 1660 per day, always as exercising by at least a 5k run ever day apart from Friday. It's been really successful and I'm now down to 12 stone 11, with a target of getting to 12 stone 7. I've just stalled! I can't seem to shift even 1/4 of pound. It's just fluctuates around the same weight! Any tips? Do I need to up exercise/ eat more or less?

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    How long of a stall?
  • jbean1990
    jbean1990 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    About 4-5 weeks of constant lose/put on 1/2 to 1/4
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Have you recalculated your cal needs? as you lose weight your calorie burn decreases. periodically you need to adjust slightly for that.

That said, increasing exercise wouldn't hurt if you "can" do it and stick with it.

how long has this "stall" been? sometimes time is whats needed more than anything else
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    how long "not losing"?
  • jbean1990
    Options
    I literally track every single thing that I eat, to the gram. It's been about 4-5 weeks of up/down, but I feel more hungry than I ever have!
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    You are only 4 pounds from your goal weight. Give it another few weeks. It could be as simple as water retention from any number of sources. When you get that close to goal, weight comes off slowly so the changes can easily be masked by water retention.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    So you're basically trying to lose about 4 more Lbs? Do you actually have 4 more Lbs to lose? Are you relatively lean already? If you are, it's going to be pretty slow going. Being lean and trying to get leaner for vanity sake can be a real PITA.
  • jbean1990
    Options
    I'm 6 foot 1, and 26 years old. I'd rather get to 12 and a half because it's ours me nicely in the middle of the healthy bracket for my age/height.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    jbean1990 wrote: »
    I'm 6 foot 1, and 26 years old. I'd rather get to 12 and a half because it's ours me nicely in the middle of the healthy bracket for my age/height.

To translate for those who aren't familiar with stones as a unit for weight, he's 179 pounds and wants to be 175 pounds.