Which vitamin supplements are known to curb your appetite?

Options
Anyone know?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    vitamin supplements just supplement essential nutrients...I've never heard of a vitamin supplement curbing appetite.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    xg8fc13641nz.jpg
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    None that I know of. Sorry.

And unless you are deficient in certain vitamins to begin with, all taking supplements will do is create expensive pee. :)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    It's not a vitamin supplement, but some people find that caffeine suppresses their appetite. Try drinking black coffee or a diet Coke.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I don't know of any vitamin supplements that help but drinking tons of water helps keep me full, and if I find myself wanting to munch even though I'm not really hungry, sparkling water (such as La Croix) or unsweetened iced tea seems to help- something yummy but cal-free. I don't snack nearly as much as I used to thanks to those.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Black coffee plus fibre. B vitamins and coenzyme Q10 will give you extra pep/energy, but that wears off after a week or two in my experience.
    I honestly can't think of any vitamins that will curb the appetite.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Agree with the others - not a vitamin but coffee - I suppose you can use it to wash down your other vitamins though :)
  • Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    If you're anemic (either as a result of B12 or Iron deficiency) then you can have serious cravings. But you need to see a gp before you start supplementing as too much could harm you.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Vitamin supplements will do nothing for you unless you're deficient in those particular vitamins. If you don't need the vitamins, you will simply pee them out. I've not heard of any decreasing appetite.