fever after working out

1godiva
1godiva Posts: 5
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
i am wanting to walk/run my first 5k but each time i work out i run a fever the rest of the night. i have never heard of this before and it feels miserable. i know it is normal for your body to generate heat while working out but it goes on for the rest of the night, past cool down. is this my age, is this normal, and has anyone else had this happen?

Replies

• BbNuke
    BbNuke Posts: 82 Member
    I just read today that it takes your body 5 hours to return to normal temperature after exercise.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    i am wanting to walk/run my first 5k but each time i work out i run a fever the rest of the night. i have never heard of this before and it feels miserable. i know it is normal for your body to generate heat while working out but it goes on for the rest of the night, past cool down. is this my age, is this normal, and has anyone else had this happen?

Hi, I don't know whether it is normal, but it has happened to me many times in the past.

Makes sure you have a big jug of water or juice beside your bed, so that if you awake in the night you can take a glug and not get dehydrated, drink lots of fluids during your workout - but not fizzy drinks, they just make you bloated.

Have lukewarm showers after your workout to help cool you down, not cold water as that will close your pores and make you even more hotter. Only wear cotton to work out in, it lets body heat escape, nylon and polyester can be a nightmare.

Lastly, make sure you never, ever train on a cold or virus because if your temperature is rising like that normally, imagine what may happen if you trained with a raised temperature in the first place - :explode: - it would be dangerous.

Check with your doctor that you don't have some lurking virus too, it may be one of those sneaky viruses that is trying to hide.

Phew, just talking about all this brings back my own memories and now I am sweating - seriously :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.