Guilt free alcohol?

Options
Ok, so being a 19 year old, I really enjoy going to the pub with friends and it sucks not being able to drink! Anyone got any tips to help? I want to be able to have a drink but unsure what to go for. Any help is much appreciated :) xx

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Vodka and water with a lemon and/or lime. Good vodka, though, it doesn't work with the cheap stuff.
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Coke and rum I heard is 95 calories (not completely sure). A guiness beer is about 100 calories.
  • aim1127
    aim1127 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What about good vodka and Crystal Light?
  • chloeeee11
    chloeeee11 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Guessing that's with diet coke? Which I prefer anyway! Thanks ill give it a try :)
  • chloeeee11
    Options

Have no idea what that is :p haha x
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light is a brand of water flavouring packets. One packet to a bottle of water or in this case a glass of vodka.
  • chloeeee11
    Options
    Crystal Light is a brand of water flavouring packets. One packet to a bottle of water or in this case a glass of vodka.

Can I buy this online? Sounds awesome :)
  • viperk1
    viperk1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Vodka and water with a lemon and/or lime. Good vodka, though, it doesn't work with the cheap stuff.

Vodka and water (or soda) has been my go to drink for the last couple of months. Russian Standard is good enough for me :D
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

Vodka and water (or soda) has been my go to drink for the last couple of months. Russian Standard is good enough for me :D

I generally would do Grey Goose. If I'm just mixing it with water, I've gotta use the good stuff!
    Can I buy this online? Sounds awesome :)

Probably. It's good because you can order a vodka & water, and bring the little packets with you to the bar to add to your drinks.
  • UNLESS19
    UNLESS19 Posts: 118
    Options
    i'm stalking this post as i'm 19 too and it sucks not drinking! I found it's easier when you don't go out drinking though as you can use coke zero with rum or whatever spirits you like :)
    Spirits have the least cals in so i say drink them. wine, beer and cider are a no no unfortunately though weight watchers do have wine, plus search online for low cal wine (if you're a wine drinker) as some are low cal and don't sacrifice % unlike the weight watchers :)
    feel free to add me!
    <3
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My go-to is a gin martini! Lots of bang for the calories!:drinker:
  • 63lab
    63lab Posts: 80
    Options
    crystal light is available from amazon for us brits.
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    vodka!! 64 cals/oz no carbs

vodka + 0 cal energy drink
    vodka + soda
    vodka + diet tonic
    vodka + soda + crystal light (yay for flavor, this is my fav)
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options

It sure does. Have to go top shelf. Even with an orange is pretty good.
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options

I never thought to try that. Thank you!!!
  • krmullig
    krmullig Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Generally dealing with hard liquor the darker it is the more calories it has and anything spiced is generally pretty calorie heavy. Vodka seems like it has the fewest calories as long as it isn't flavored. I personally am a fan of vodka seltzer with a splash of cranberry juice (can't do straight vodka) with a twist of lime. YUM!
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    crystal light is available from amazon for us brits.

There is something called Aqua Burst available in the UK - looks similar!
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Tequila has the lowest amount of calories.
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options

This is my drink of choice - cheap and easy and there are so many flavors of crystal lite!!!