Finally starting to overcome my BED

Options
Today marks three days binge free!

I have BED and as such I have been through behavioral therapy as well as various medications. I recently went off Vyvanse when my neurologist (I have MS) prescribed me Adderall. At first I didn't find it very helpful since it was prescribed for chronic fatigue, not binge eating. I have been on it for about a month and a half and I finally feel it's starting to help! I have binged from 180 pounds up to 275 since the beginning of this year. Along with several weeks of calorie restriction, a few binges, and three days binge free, I am down to 264!

Also, I have gone from 4mg of Xanax a day down to .5mg a day. I have been going to bed at 8:30 instead of 6:30 because I have so much more energy and alertness. A wonderful bonus indeed.

I would like to thank all of the help I have received here for controlling my binges, as well as the help on other peoples posts about similar topics. You guys are truly helpful and I am glad to be here. Thank you all.

Final note. I am not in any way suggesting anyone take medications that were not thoroughly discussed and prescribed by their doctors. This is only my account of what I take and how it works for me. If you are suffering from binge eating, I highly suggest starting with a therapist first. If they think medication may help you, that is between you and your doctor.

Replies

• StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I remember some of your posts about BED and, although that I doubt that I helped much, I'm really glad that you're on your way to recovery.

Well done.
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I remember some of your posts about BED and, although that I doubt that I helped much, I'm really glad that you're on your way to recovery.

Well done.

I wrote down everyones suggestions, no matter how small, and put them in an inspirational notebook. I read this every time I feel the urge to binge. If you commented, then you helped. No matter how small the suggestion, I sincerely believed it to help.
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I wanted to add that I am now eating all of my calories instead of restricting too much. I was eating at a 1600 calorie deficit. This has been a big part of my ongoing recovery. I. The beginning I was at a over a 2000 calorie deficit. Do not do this.