How to stay on track when it's "that time of the month"

Options
I realize this is more so a question directed to the ladies, but I am totally open to feedback from the guys as well. Does anyone have any tips on how to stay motivated/choose healthy options during the monthly cycle? This time tends to be when my motivation to exercise falters, and I find it harder to make good food choices.

Replies

• RobinSFoster
    RobinSFoster Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I had to start prelogging my food to help stay on track. Including chocolate, which is my go to each month. Good luck!
  • nlwrfa
    nlwrfa Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have issues during ovulation, and a few days before and during. I found peppermint tea has helped me and its zero calories. I also get the caffeine free version. I just make sure I don't buy anything and have it in the house and leave my wallet at home minus my drivers license so I'm not tempted to eat out at work when the lunch orders go around.
  • zombikill
    zombikill Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find that my cramps and bloating are so much less painful if I workout before and during my period. I try to fight food cravings by drinking water first.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Good quality chocolate in small single packets. They are my motivation to be good. I also found that exercising has decreased pain and bloating.