What's your morning resting heart rate?

Options
13»

Replies

• luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    52 here. 67 YO Female. Walk, run, StairMaster, swim and lift weights. Lost a little over 60 lbs in 3.5 years.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Depends upon my training schedule and volume. I vary anywhere between 53 (after lower volume bench or overhead days) and 74 (after higher volume deadlift days).
  • daweasel
    daweasel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    daweasel wrote: »
    Hard bike ride yesterday (I may have cried. Twice.)

You cried during a bike ride?! Now that's what I call a hard ride! Or an emotional one :wink:

At least I didn't spew...
  • Spiegelchan
    Spiegelchan Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've been awake for two hours, but I just measured and got 66.2. I had no idea that was so relatively high.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know what my morning resting heart rate is. I don't think that I really care, TBH - it's enough that I wake up each day :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,741 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    I've been awake for two hours, but I just measured and got 66.2. I had no idea that was so relatively high.

Don't worry, that's not high at all. I think we're getting a lot of selection bias on this thread. A lot of the commenters who know their resting heart rate seem to be people who have a reason to know that information, like endurance athletes, and those folks often have really low heart rates due to their training. For people who aren't doing that sort of training, 60-100 is considered normal.

Yes to that.

Mine is 48 at last check, and I know because I care, for HR training purposes, even though I don't train in a fully structured way much anymore since my knee got more messed up.

I'm a rower, on the water 4 days a week now that it's the season, plus spin class another 2 days, and a little random recreational biking. Age 61.

When I had cataract surgery last summer, I kept setting off the low heart rate alarm (set at 50) in the pre-surgery area, even before drugs. Finally resorted to waving my legs in the air to forestall the infernal beeping. My surgeon called it "fitness-induced bradycardia". Heh.
  • KylaBlaze
    KylaBlaze Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Mine has been hanging out around 49
  • Cute_White_Pink_Purple_Foxxx
    Options
    Was 60 this morning. 19 yr old female
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Was 66 when I woke up an hour ago but I was kind of exited because I'm on vacation this week, down to 60 now.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    My heart rate is in the low 50's in the mornings. I've seen the high 40's a few times recently.

I started off in the mid 90's a few years ago. So proud of myself!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Well, mine runs high compared to others in this thread, but I think this is all genetic or something, because I'm a runner.

The thing is, mine has improved. I used to have a resting heart rate in the mid-80's. It's now around 65.