I need advice

Options
I start my weight loss Journey at 340lb right now I'm at 293lb I'm wondering if I could do weightlifting or I have to lose more weight to start weightlifting any advice will be appreciated thank you

Replies

• erienneb66
    erienneb66 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Start weight lifting whenever you want, just start easy, make sure your form is great, and it will be fine. I'm 321 and I have been powerlifting for about 1.5 years now, first with a trainer, then in my garage. It's fantastic.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    The answer is always LIFT NOW!!! (Barring injury or other medical advice to the contrary. ;) )
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Lift now. I believe it has helped me tremendously with weight loss. I love having muscle definition...never had that before. I started quite heavy. You don't have to be a power lifter. If you're gym has a trainer, ask some questions.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Here's a list of proven lifting programs. You'll have better success following a proven program than trying to make up your own program. Stronglifts 5X5 is my favorite.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1