Recommendation for Good Sports Bra

Options
2»

Replies

• lk031
    lk031 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm around the same size as you (36DDD at least) - I just bought an Enell and it's great. Ugly as hell but works - I can't do jumping jacks in any other bra. No padding, no underwire. I got size 3 (their sizing is a little funky) based on cup size (not band size) and it fits very well.
  • SarahLascelles1
    SarahLascelles1 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Shock absorber.
  • hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    kavahni wrote: »
    I'm looking, too!
    I have 3 questions for you all:
    1) which of these are padding-free? I already run far too hot.
    2) I need no freaking underwires! Any reviews on underwire free?
    3) I can no longer find bras that are long enough from shoulder to under breast. Am I the only woman with this problem?
    Thank you all.

I can answer for Panache brand. All I can say is I love this bra and after years of struggling to find a supportive sports bra for my size, I can't say enough good things about it--I swear I don't work for the company :smile:
    1-it's not padded per se, but the cups are made up of microfiber material that encapsulates each breast--this is a bonus for me because I am normally size 32G and I can't stand boob sweat. I have worn them throughout my pregnancy for working out (and I am a super sweaty lady now that I'm 8 months and pregnant in the summer!) and find that the wicking material in this bra really does work.
    2-They come in both underwire and non-underwire. I prefer to have underwire in general for all my bras but have worn the non-underwire style during my pregnancy. Both are equally supportive.
    3-I am just over 5'8" with a long torso. I have found the Panache bra to have very adjustable straps. I also struggle to find bras with straps that don't have their "circle hooks" digging into my shoulders. You can also elect to make it a racer-bra style if you prefer. I wear mine this way and I still have enough strap length to fit the length of my torso and bust.
  • anjeden
    anjeden Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Try sweaty betty!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I'm looking, too!
    3) I can no longer find bras that are long enough from shoulder to under breast. Am I the only woman with this problem?
    Thank you all.

Shock Absorber - no padding, no underwire. I cannot comment on the length, but can say there are adjustable areas to make it longer.
    https://amazon.com/Shock-Absorber-Womens-Sports-Silver/dp/B00368CL4G/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1498684311&sr=1-1&nodeID=1044960&psd=1&keywords=shock+absorber+sports+bra
  • erienneb66
    erienneb66 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Lane Bryant's high impact sports bras, but they have the underwire. They're the first sports bra where I didn't feel squished, was supported, comfortable, breathable. Thick straps, enough clasps. I just dig on them. They have some underwire free but I stay away from that because I just hate it.
  • LisaEatSleepRun
    LisaEatSleepRun Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm looking, too!
    Thank you all.

Freya Active Soft Cup Sports Bra 4001 Wire Free High Impact. Best I have ever owned & can be bought cheaply on eBay as they are an older model. No padding no wires!