Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

What should a skinny person wear to look good?

Options
richardpkennedy1
richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
Any tips on what kind of clothes a skinny guy should wear and what he should avoid wearing? I run middle to long distance so I don't have much meat on me. I'm 5'7" (170 cm) and 141 lbs (64 kg) soaking wet.

Replies

• DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Idk, like extra small to small shirts and skinny jeans. Me I'm bigger than you so I'm gonna be wearing large T-shirts and straight fit jeans, mostly Levi's and size 34.
  • richkenn7096
    richkenn7096 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't wear baggy clothes or you look like a child in adult's clothes. Don't wear too tight either or you look tiny. Just make sure it's a good fit.
  • richardpkennedy1
    Options
    DasItMan91 wrote: »
    Idk, like extra small to small shirts and skinny jeans. Me I'm bigger than you so I'm gonna be wearing large T-shirts and straight fit jeans, mostly Levi's and size 34.

You think skinny jeans are a good idea for me?
  • richardpkennedy1
    Options
    Don't wear baggy clothes or you look like a child in adult's clothes. Don't wear too tight either or you look tiny. Just make sure it's a good fit.

Ok thanks for the advice. I am guilty of wearing oversized clothes in the past.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Confidence.
  • 1RedRoom
    1RedRoom Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Great answer!!!
  • angel4732
    angel4732 Posts: 14,898 Member
    Options
    Confidence.

That's the one
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Idk, look at Levi's jeans and look for the different kind of jeans that would look good on you. Go to a store like Kohl's, Old Navy, Macy's and wear the jeans til you find one you like. Baggy definitely won't look good on you. What's your jeans size btw?
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    https://theidleman.com/manual/advice/style-rules-for-skinny-men/

Wear what you feel comfortable in. Oversized clothes and skinny clothes makes you appear even skinnier, so find clothes in between that you like the look of and fits your style. Some people likes to dress stylish, some more casual, others lives in jeans and a t-shirt. You have not told us what kind of a dresser you are. I found a site that has some great advice for how to dress and some examples, so included the URL in my post.
  • thingofstuff
    thingofstuff Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wear whatever you like! Finding your style can be a fun and liberating experience. It might take some time to build up the confidence to try something new, but it'll be worth it! My boyfriend wore only skinny jeans and v-neck tee's for the first few years of our relationship. It was a classic but basic look. I've always been into fashion, and use styling to express who I am (on that day), so I think it was easier for him to feel comfortable trying out different trends and things he's liked but never had the confidence to wear before. He's cultivated his own personal style now and it's awesome to watch him have fun with fashion and look good too.

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2008/11/11/your-individual-style/

Have fun!
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Eh, I was pretty darned skinny for a long time... and very self-conscious about it. I made a lot of mistakes trying to "hide" my body. I am very tall too - which in some ways makes it a different issue. I always thought that shorter skinny guys looked better than tall skinny guys.

What I found helpful was taking a woman with me shopping and taking their advice. Try on clothes - just don't buy them off the rack. Stay away from extremely baggy jeans. I think tight jeans are fine but make sure they are only tight around your *kitten* and thighs - if they pegleg down your calves it looks odd/feminine to me... but maybe I'm just old and out of touch. ;)
  • richardpkennedy1
    Options

Idk, look at Levi's jeans and look for the different kind of jeans that would look good on you. Go to a store like Kohl's, Old Navy, Macy's and wear the jeans til you find one you like. Baggy definitely won't look good on you. What's your jeans size btw?

I'm 30/31 waist with 31 leg. I'm not in the US ☺
  • richardpkennedy1
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    https://theidleman.com/manual/advice/style-rules-for-skinny-men/

Wear what you feel comfortable in. Oversized clothes and skinny clothes makes you appear even skinnier, so find clothes in between that you like the look of and fits your style. Some people likes to dress stylish, some more casual, others lives in jeans and a t-shirt. You have not told us what kind of a dresser you are. I found a site that has some great advice for how to dress and some examples, so included the URL in my post.

I dress pretty casual. Jeans most of the time and either polo shirt or long sleeved shirt at work. On weekends I'm in shorts and a t-shirt or sleeveless. I live in a tropical country so light clothes are a must!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Confidence.

There's your answer... wear whatever you feel comfortable in.