Recommendations to eat less sugars/carbs and more protein

Hey I need to lower my blood sugar and I find it hard not to eat so many carbs, even if it is healthy carbs/sugars. I try to stay away from added sugar and white bread. Any snack options rich in proteins?

Replies

• devash1762
    devash1762 Posts: 34 Member
    lean chicken, beef, fish, nuts, eggs, legumes
  • Dombarr269
    Dombarr269 Posts: 3 Member
    Nuts and seeds, raw veg and humous, spinach and avocado salad, boiled eggs, beans and pulses, lean protein.
    The transparent wraps made from rice starch are low carb and a great alternative to tortillas. A more boring alternative is replace bread with romaine lettuce, for savoury filling of course. But if you pack it out, it tastes damn good!
    You could also make your own version of nature bars (nak'd, trek etc) with nuts/seeds and fruit and maybe even a low carb protein (hemp?), but use coconut oil and sweetener instead of mixing it with raisins/dates, to avoid the natural sugar?
  • Macpui85
    Macpui85 Posts: 36 Member
    Boiled eggs, nuts, protein bars.

Flavored whey protein has helped me curve my sweet tooth cravings.
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 610 Member
    Avocado. Slice in half. Remove seed. Lightly salt and pepper. Eat right or of the shell.

The fats and fiber really help trigger a sustained satiation response for me.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Smoked salmon, cold chicken, and as mentioned nuts, eggs. Cheese. Avocado is a great choice. Plain veg (not low carb, but low calorie, so not high carb) -- cucumbers, kohlrabi, radishes, turnips, carrots and celery. Full fat cottage cheese, perhaps.

Plain greek yogurt with some nutbutter mixed in is amazing -- not low carb, really, but not high carb and a nice mix of macros, depending on how low you need to be.

Personally, I don't snack all that much -- I find it's easier to focus on full meals and more satisfying for me. Snacking is fine if you like it, but just an option.